Guest

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

Yes, that was my idea...giving the advanced users full access to the HTML document. The include of the script file is the backdoor😎 ...no limits😉

@Günther Massimo - GMCCS

X+ is still the best add-on, period.

Thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 7:29 AM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

Yes, that was my idea...giving the advanced users full access to the HTML document. The include of the script file is the backdoor😎 ...no limits😉

 

Where is this Javascript file located?

 

Many thanks Gunther for your excellent work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bill Craven said:

Where is this Javascript file located?

Somewhere around here...  C:/Users/Public/Documents/X+/templates/setup%20sheets/js/default.js

It's an empty file that gets linked to in the html. It doesn't do anything until you add your js code to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bill Craven said:

Ah,

Thank you sir.

You're welcome. Do you know JS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bill Craven said:

Not yet.   lol

I know just enough to be dangerous. 😆

I was able to add a footer (document #, etc) to my friend's setup sheet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thad said:

I know just enough to be dangerous. 😆

Yep, That is pretty much the world I live in.  

 

This will be another rabbit hole for me to fall down.   Sleep is for wimps.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, Thad said:

I saw the .js file in there quite a while ago, but just didn't realize at the time the power that it unleashed.

I will add a new tool sheet example with the next release.

It will demonstrate how to  convert the standard layout into a new custom layout.

image.thumb.png.cf0bc5b29a5b963e9d277668772b7ca1.png

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that is tiddies.  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to change the language when you open X+ to English?  I went through quite a few pages of this thread and didn't see anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bethell said:

Is there a way to change the language when you open X+ to English?  I went through quite a few pages of this thread and didn't see anything.

You can download the German version directly from his website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

You can download the German version directly from his website.

But is there an English version?  Most of mine is English, but the pulldowns still start in German.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bethell said:

But is there an English version?  Most of mine is English, but the pulldowns still start in German.

Are you talking about here:

image.png.05e1730167c7e8cf0983daa3e92bec93.png

If you do as shown then they all go to English and done.

image.png.dcc1b1a0bd02d4403345a487ebbb4f5c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  Just wasn't sure if there was a way to get it into English from the start.  Not a big deal though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeffrey Bethell said:

Yes.  Just wasn't sure if there was a way to get it into English from the start.  Not a big deal though.

Not that I am aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few questions...

#1) I would like to change the name of some of the field description/headers (tl manufactor, tl mfg code, etc)  Is there a way to do this?  I know I've seen a renaming script for this, but the most recent version was for X9, and I wasn't sure if it'd work.  

 

#2)  Under the NC-Header fields, if I leave one blank, it still outputs it, just...well, blank, lol.  If I'd like to not use some of these fields, can I remove them?

 

#3)  Is there a way to place setup instructions, offset pickups, note, etc?  

 

#4 and final)  Would some of you who have refined X+, and taken advantage of its capabilities mind posting an example setup sheet?  I'm trying to get an idea of what X+ is capable of, and what I can utilize vs. where I'm asking too much of it.  

 

Thank you!!

**edit** ok, I lied about the final part.  I looked through some of the files, and cant find a way to change the size of the company logo.  It's sized correctly in the setup sheet, but very large in the tool sheet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JB7280 said:

A few questions...

#1) I would like to change the name of some of the field description/headers (tl manufactor, tl mfg code, etc)  Is there a way to do this?  I know I've seen a renaming script for this, but the most recent version was for X9, and I wasn't sure if it'd work.  

 

#2)  Under the NC-Header fields, if I leave one blank, it still outputs it, just...well, blank, lol.  If I'd like to not use some of these fields, can I remove them?

 

#3)  Is there a way to place setup instructions, offset pickups, note, etc?  

 

#4 and final)  Would some of you who have refined X+, and taken advantage of its capabilities mind posting an example setup sheet?  I'm trying to get an idea of what X+ is capable of, and what I can utilize vs. where I'm asking too much of it.  

 

Thank you!!

**edit** ok, I lied about the final part.  I looked through some of the files, and cant find a way to change the size of the company logo.  It's sized correctly in the setup sheet, but very large in the tool sheet.

 

Most what you are asking for can be done with CSS. Every element on the setup sheet has it's class name. You need to assign format statements to these class names. It's fairly easy...just google CSS HTML. You can do a lot of things with CSS. To find out the class name of a certain element just right click in your browser and view the source code of your setup sheet. You can change colors, borders, font, replace text and lots of other things.

For #3 there is no build in functionality. I like to create all notations on a separate layer and grab it with the screen shot. But you could also edit the screenshot with 3d paint as an alternative.

If you saved your setup sheet template fore example like "MySetupsheet", make sure you have also a MySetupsheet.ccs and probably also a MySetupsheet.js file created.
A good start is to just copy the dafault.css to MySetupsheet.css....then edit the file to feed your needs. You need to do this only once.

More advanced users can use java script and have the full power over the generated HTML file.

Here is an example of what you could do with X+.

138 operations, 2 seconds for the tool list

 

With a button I can change the layout on the fly.

This example will be included with 2020.

image.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

Most what you are asking for can be done with CSS. Every element on the setup sheet has it's class name. You need to assign format statements to these class names. It's fairly easy...just google CSS HTML. You can do a lot of things with CSS. To find out the class name of a certain element just right click in your browser and view the source code of your setup sheet. You can change colors, borders, font, replace text and lots of other things.

For #3 there is no build in functionality. I like to create all notations on a separate layer and grab it with the screen shot. But you could also edit the screenshot with 3d paint as an alternative.

If you saved your setup sheet template fore example like "MySetupsheet", make sure you have also a MySetupsheet.ccs and probably also a MySetupsheet.js file created.
A good start is to just copy the dafault.css to MySetupsheet.css....then edit the file to feed your needs. You need to do this only once.

More advanced users can use java script and have the full power over the generated HTML file.

Here is an example of what you could do with X+.

138 operations, 2 seconds for the tool list

 

With a button I can change the layout on the fly.

This example will be included with 2020.

 

Thanks Gunther, I'll look into those things.  Any chance of getting a comment box for setup instructions in the future??  😎😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 7:54 AM, JB7280 said:

#1) I would like to change the name of some of the field description/headers (tl manufactor, tl mfg code, etc)  Is there a way to do this?  I know I've seen a renaming script for this, but the most recent version was for X9, and I wasn't sure if it'd work. 

#2)  Under the NC-Header fields, if I leave one blank, it still outputs it, just...well, blank, lol.  If I'd like to not use some of these fields, can I remove them?

#3)  Is there a way to place setup instructions, offset pickups, note, etc? 

1 - Using an old version of the script might work but it would be best to create another script for whatever version you're using, just to make sure all bases are covered. If you can do me a favor, I can make that script for you. I need you to create a setup sheet with all header options turned on. Yes, every single one of them, even if you don't use them. Once the sheet is created, save it (File->Save page as), zip all the files together and send it to me. I'm pretty sure you can attach files through this site's PM system. If not, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. And, what version of MC are you running?

2 - I don't know what NC-Header fields are. Can you show a screen shot or something?

3 - Try typing some notes into a Manual Entry toolpath and then make the setup sheet. See if you like how that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got into the shop this morning.  I had a rare, but much needed saturday off 😎😎

 

I will get that file sent to you in just a bit. 

I will also give the manual entry a whirl.  I just noticed that the "Group Comment" section will output as well.

This is the section I'm referring to as NC Header.  If you notice, the ones I have blank, still output, but they're blank.  Some of the fields I'd have no use for, and will just be unnecessary info on the page, and I'm just trying to clean it up to the important parts our shop would use.  

 

Thanks!!

nc header.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JB7280 said:

Some of the fields I'd have no use for, and will just be unnecessary info on the page, and I'm just trying to clean it up to the important parts our shop would use.  

You can replace the selection in the left fields by typing in your own text, such as "Programmer" or "Safely ran by xxx". Then, you can fill in those fields at the time you generate the sheet. An added benefit is that, if there is no text in the right field, both the left and right fields don't print. Another nice feature is that the text you enter in the fields is persistent, so if you enter a space in the right field, the right field and the blank left field print, which allows for physical sign offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

You can replace the selection in the left fields by typing in your own text, such as "Programmer" or "Safely ran by xxx". Then, you can fill in those fields at the time you generate the sheet. An added benefit is that, if there is no text in the right field, both the left and right fields don't print. Another nice feature is that the text you enter in the fields is persistent, so if you enter a space in the right field, the right field and the blank left field print, which allows for physical sign offs.

Oh nice!!  I had no idea you could actually enter data into the left side.  I suppose I'm slow...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 7:54 AM, JB7280 said:

#1) I would like to change the name of some of the field description/headers (tl manufactor, tl mfg code, etc)  Is there a way to do this?  I know I've seen a renaming script for this, but the most recent version was for X9, and I wasn't sure if it'd work. 

I have updated the script for MC2019 and it's available for download here:  MC2019 rename script

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us