Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Now or wait?

MultiAxGod

One problem that has come up is reviewed in this thread

I'm glad you added this about the helix problem gcode, because we use that a significant amount and you are correct that most machines won't rapid with comp on. Two of the parts in this project that I loaded X5 for have about 50 helix bores each and without knowing that in advance, would have been upsetting.

gcode, Is there a fix for the coolant settings?

I haven't posted any code yet, so I hope there isn't a coolant on/off problem!

What do you think what x5 is? it is x4 plus new stuffs.

Look, touch, feel, seems to be pretty much the same at this point but I can't say yet because I haven't generated any code. Will say (or possibly scream) later, but so far it seems to be more features and the following of Microsoft rules more than anything. If you are going to install, just follow some of the things that JParis and gcode have out here about the install and you should be fine.

I have found this to be a real stable release, compared to the past ones even with the new layout of directory's that takes getting used to.

I have been cutting with it for months from 2axi to 5 axis Verticals , Horizontals and have a had good results for sure.

Multiaxgod were do you live? as I see you come out to visit Steve here in Cali. Steve does not even visit me or call anymore I feel left out Steve. ;)

Multiaxgod were do you live? as I see you come out to visit Steve here in Cali. Steve does not even visit me or call anymore I feel left out Steve. ;)

:( :(

Ill call you we hes out this way, he mentioned sumfin about dinner in Newport.

Ill even let you pay :p

PEACE :D

• Like 1
I have found this to be a real stable release, compared to the past ones even with the new layout of directory's that takes getting used to.

I have been cutting with it for months from 2axi to 5 axis Verticals , Horizontals and have a had good results for sure.

I used to live in the OC '80 to '84. Worked for the DoD then.

Temecula from '95 to '09 and worked with Steve in Anaheim. Lucky me huh? :rolleyes:

Ill call you we hes out this way, he mentioned sumfin about dinner in Newport.

Ill even let you pay :p

Dinner's at your place maroon! I'll get the Shark Steaks tho' :p

I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to make tho. My truck engine shot craps and I am looking for a new one right now. Hopefully can find one before Xmas, but 454's are hard to find! Have to pick up my other car which is still in Temecula and have a storage locker there too full of furniture and stuff!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I' ve done quite a few "failure is not an option" parts with X5 with success. A couple were 2/3 axis parts and a few were hard-core 4/5 axis "top dog" parts. The only real word of caution I would offer is keep an eye on coolant settings, other than that, you shoudl be good.

Been using X5 to cut parts since X5 Beta 2.

JM2CFWIW

Dinner's at your place maroon! I'll get the Shark Steaks tho' :p

I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to make tho. My truck engine shot craps and I am looking for a new one right now. Hopefully can find one before Xmas, but 454's are hard to find! Have to pick up my other car which is still in Temecula and have a storage locker there too full of furniture and stuff!

BBQ at my place it is then. :p:P

Jayson you coming down to the OC ??

James yer welcome as well :p

PEACE :D

• Like 1