Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary Help

astrocncdept

I was trying to do a 4 sided part on a rotary table. I applied tool paths, used my WCS to change view and apply tool paths to that particular side of the part. When I post my code though, all I get are g54, g55 g56 etc. I do get a starting A0 on the g54 line, but then no more. I have tried toggling on, under the Rotary Axis Control, Rotation Type, Axis Positioining...But that doesn't change the code any either. Any ideas? Since its a simply 4 sided part. I am able to work around it by posting the code and changing the g55 and g56 to either A180, A270...etc. Just a pain. Is this something I need to fix in the post file itself?

Thanks

By you mention the WCS again made me check something. I was changing everything to another view...WCS, Tool plane, C plane... I just tried it. If I leave the WCS to top and Chnage only the Tool Plane and C Plane to another view it post my A rotation. I am still getting G55 and G56 not sure about that one...But that is a simple fix to atleast get me up and running and worry about later.

Thanks!!

and if you're getting multiple work shifts, if you are using the MPMaster, there is an mi switch to tell it to lock onto the first one, look at the Misc Values page. If you're using a different post, you can open up Planes, work offset and set them all to 0.

The system will bark about already being in use, just click through it.

JP, quick question, if you don't mind. When the MI is set to "lock on first wcs", will you always get that "G5###" output for all ops?

Say you have it set to G54, and have multiple toolplanes, some simultaneous 4-axis stuff, some indexing, and maybe another fixture plane....

Does that mean you will still get all of the correct movements, rotations, and will have the G54 output for all of them?

And if so, can you force the G54 output even on rotation-only moves where the "A" is typically the only orientation move?

Just curious, cause i was never really sure about. I just wing it!

Thanks

JP, quick question, if you don't mind. When the MI is set to "lock on first wcs", will you always get that "G5###" output for all ops?

Say you have it set to G54, and have multiple toolplanes, some simultaneous 4-axis stuff, some indexing, and maybe another fixture plane....

Does that mean you will still get all of the correct movements, rotations, and will have the G54 output for all of them?

And if so, can you force the G54 output even on rotation-only moves where the "A" is typically the only orientation move?

Just curious, cause i was never really sure about. I just wing it!

Thanks

Yes, it will take the fisrt op ans whatever you have set for a work offset will become the offset for the entire program.

I haven't used the MPmaster for a bit but if it doesn't output the G54 at all desired locations, you could edit it to get it to do so.