Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solid works 2011

lwells

X5 does not need a patch to open SW2011 files

It can open them already..

X4 canot open SW2011 files, and never will.

both X4 and X5 can open X_B and X_T exports from SW2011 with no problems

so if you need to open a SW2011 file and don't have X5 yet, ask your engineer to

Save As X_B. X4 will open the X_B file with no problems

• 3 months later...

Just to revive an old thread...

X4 canot open SW2011 files, and never will

I might have made a miracle, but I just switched to SW 2011 and don't have any problems with opening them in X4 MU3...

Any other with same experience?... For me it was one of my main arguments against our IT department to switch to X5....

Interesting.

I don't think this is supposed to work but I have X3, X4 & X5 installed plus SW2011 SP2 and I just opened a SW2011 file with X4 MU3

HMmmmmm

Edit,

Just tried it in X3 too, and opened a SW 2011 file into X3.

This MUST be related to having X5 installed

I just tried it. I have a SW 2011 SP2 (64 Bit) native model (created in this version) and it won't open in X4 MU3 " Cannot find Parasolid data in Solidworks file"

My guess is, the files you guys did open where probably not created from the start in 2011, just a guess.

Mine were Dave had SW2011 for months and just did the design on the parts I opened last week. They can't be anything else BUT SW2011

Well if it's related to having X5 installed on the same PC then that means that CNC could release a patch for this to work but I don't expect they would do that since it won't help their sales getting people to move to X5.

Can't open SW2011 files on X4 MU3 here either, and I've got X5 installed as well

OK, so there's clearly something else happening.

I also have Mc4SW's installed but I imagine Guffie does not, so there MUST be something else going on.

Hmmm

I also have Mc4SW's installed but I imagine Guffie does not

I have the basic SW2011 SP3 installed, nothing else and as I wrote, MC X4 MR3... I don't have X5 and has never been on my computer, so it can't have taken anything from there... But the 2010 version of Solid Works was installed on the computer before, but was removed before the 2011 was installed...

I just created a very simple file this morning and it's working fine... No problem with open it in MC X4 MU3...

I have attached the part I just created as .txt format because all others was rejected.. So if anybody has interest to try to see if it's my MC or my SW there is the reason, then please change it to a ".SLDPRT" file...

I just had another guy try to create a SW2011 file for me on his computer... It also works fine to open on my computer... I tried both files on the other computer we have, which have exactly the same X4 configuration as mine... The only difference is that I got some .cp6 and .dll files to 5 axis machining from Cimco on mine, but that was back in middle of November before X5 was release and then I have X+ setup sheet for X4 in the C-hooks... Don't consider that to be an reason for anything?...

I tried for fun also to open it into the X2 MR2 I have installed and it was working fine as well...

I just created a very simple file this morning and it's working fine... No problem with open it in MC X4 MU3...

I have attached the part I just created as .txt format because all others was rejected.. So if anybody has interest to try to see if it's my MC or my SW there is the reason, then please change it to a ".SLDPRT" file...

Weird..

I downloaded your file and changed the extension to sldprt

I couldn't open it in X4 MU3 or X5MU1.

It did open correctly in SW2011SP3