Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kitamura My center mill, Mori Seiki MV-35 mill

Roger

I just started working for a place that has "older" machines then I'm use too.

I will start with afew questions. Does anyone know if a 1986 Kitamura Mycenter 3b mill with a Fanuc 11M control can be DNC'ed?,

or the Mori Seiki MV-35 mill with a Fanuc 6M B control?

I will also need to know if anyone is willing to help with a post mod. for the Mori Seiki SL-1 lathe with a Fanuc 6T control.

this lathes x axis is backwards from all the other lathes I have programed. Also the tool offsets are from the center of your part.

They have been using Mastercam version 9 and a computer with Windows 2000. They are willing to buy a new computer, so I can run my seat of

Mastercam X5.

I have tried DNC'ing both mills with no succes. I put the machine in TAPE mode and pushed cycle start, and I was using mastercams communication

for sending. Did not work, on either mill.

Please help, and a big thanks to those of you who respone!!!

X- is towards the back of the lathe, X+ is towards the center of the chuck.

Also G02 and G03 are inverse.

The MPG is marked accordingly. And to move it away from the machine home, you have to turn it opposite of other lathes.

And the worst part is that they had a board replace a couple of years ago that makes feed hold and single block mode inoperable.DANGEROUS

Roger,

The X being reversed is actually fairly common. Do a search and you will find the info you need to modify the post.

they had a board replace a couple of years ago that makes feed hold and single block mode inoperable.DANGEROUS

Ooh..let me guess. It's a job shop. Ah, might want to get that fixed. It's one of those "when it happens" not "if it happens" things.

edit:/

I have tried DNC'ing both mills with no succes.

I would call Cimco

Mike

This is a mom & pop job shop, The owner and his son are the only one's in the shop. They don't know anything about

the CNC's. They are not cheap owners. The owner was not aware of the lathe not functioning properly, as the previous programmer

failed to let him know.

They are trying to bring the shop up to date, and are willing to buy a new computer for me, etc. etc.

I do need to know if anyone has dnc the Fanuc controls that I mentioned above?

Again thanks for you advise.

You can DNC on just about anything. Those two controls especially as they are/were very popular. You may have to make a special cable etc. I am not a pro at it, but I have heard of many people that did it. The easy way is to call someone who does it, like Cimco. I did a large Impeller on an old Makino with an 11M. My customer called Cimco and they set him up fast and cheap.

Mike

"I will start with afew questions. Does anyone know if a 1986 Kitamura Mycenter 3b mill with a Fanuc 11M control can be DNC'ed?,

or the Mori Seiki MV-35 mill with a Fanuc 6M B control?"

We have a mori MV-55 at our shop with a fanuc 6M control and we use predator dnc wireless transfer to send to it. We have never had any problems with it.

We have a Makino 4-axis veritcal mill with a Fanuc 11M control and we DNC to it if the programs can't fit in the control. The machine has to be in tape mode. We are using Cimnet DNC Pro to communicate with our machines. If you purchase thier software they will send someone out to help you get everything working they way you want it.

I just started working for a place that has "older" machines then I'm use too.

I will start with afew questions. Does anyone know if a 1986 Kitamura Mycenter 3b mill with a Fanuc 11M control can be DNC'ed?,

or the Mori Seiki MV-35 mill with a Fanuc 6M B control?

I will also need to know if anyone is willing to help with a post mod. for the Mori Seiki SL-1 lathe with a Fanuc 6T control.

this lathes x axis is backwards from all the other lathes I have programed. Also the tool offsets are from the center of your part.

They have been using Mastercam version 9 and a computer with Windows 2000. They are willing to buy a new computer, so I can run my seat of

Mastercam X5.

I have tried DNC'ing both mills with no succes. I put the machine in TAPE mode and pushed cycle start, and I was using mastercams communication

for sending. Did not work, on either mill.

Please help, and a big thanks to those of you who respone!!!

The 6M should not need a BTR unless it's an 6MA without the RS-232 option, then it would need the BTR. Just because you have a port, doesn't mean it's hooked up either!

Don't try to use a regular serial cable, it won't work. You have to make a cable. Buy Belden 4 wire shielded cable and the correct plugs. Pins 2 and 3 must be flipped. In other words, CNC end pin 2 goes to computer end pin 3 and vise-versa. 7 is straight thru. Jumper pins 6 and 8 at each end. Your baud and parity need to be correct. Even Parity, 7 data bits and one stop bit are normal for a Fanuc. Any comm package will work if all of the above are correct.

Easiest way to correct the backwards axis is to change the machine definition. If that doesn't work, you can multiply by -1 on X axis in the post and that will flip the sign.

All the machines have com. cables to them, and you can send programs both ways.

The only odd thing is that they have three separate com. cables coming from 3 separate ports on the back of the computer. I am fimiliar with building the com. wires, as I said earlier the computer is old, and running Windows 2000.

I will try changing the machine definition for the lathe. (I wondered if that would work).

Thanks everyone.

All the machines have com. cables to them, and you can send programs both ways.

The only odd thing is that they have three separate com. cables coming from 3 separate ports on the back of the computer. I am fimiliar with building the com. wires, as I said earlier the computer is old, and running Windows 2000.

I will try changing the machine definition for the lathe. (I wondered if that would work).

Thanks everyone.

You typically want com one and it is generally a 9 pin port. To test it, find pin two (send) and three (receive). if it's a female port, bend it to go into the pin holes, if it's male just touch it across pins two and three. Open your com program up and make sure it is using com one. Send anything out. If it echos on the screen, you have the right port.