Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feedrate Ramping

Gecko779

Can someone give me a starting point on how to set up mastercam to slow down heading into corners? I'm getting really inconsistent results using the highfeed option and the adjust feed on arc move from the tool settings page. I am driving a 3.5 tcutter into some stainless and would like to gradually ramp down and ramp up the feedrate in the cut

Running X4Mu3 and MPmaster Post

Job will be run on a gear head HAAS Vf-2

thanks

There are several ways to do it and they all are less than great:

1) Use can use "Change at point" and manually change every segment you want.

2) Use can use the tool setting page, regen and then lock the operation (coz this setting is global - very lame)

3) Use can use high-feed which I am told has bugs

Good luck

you need to work with your post their is a way to customize you post to adjust the feed rate for the periphery of the arc meaning when your cutter slows on the inside arcs and speeds up on the outside of the arc to keep the same chip load all the time. we tried to get our reseler to put it in our post but it was over their head. we showed MC this was a problem 10 years ago and it has not been address up to this point