Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

error were detected during posting

SONAVO

Well if you fix the errors in the post then the message will go away? Why would you NOt want to be told there were errors in your post????

Contact your reseller and have the errors looked at as I'm sure it's something simple that way if you ever have the post modified and there are errors you will know it instead of crashign your machine.

Continuing the request, how is this notification turned off? I normally just click thru, but would like to know if it is possible to disable the pop-up message when posting.

I have heavily modified posts in which I access 5-axis postitioning via the m1-m9 matrix. The posts are dialed in, and the output is good, but I still have to deal with the pop-up warning that multi-axis output may not be supported.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Go to your control def, files, under message options set it to all error msgs to file.

That will keep the non-fatal errors from popping up. You can look at the err file to see what is causing the concern as well.

The msg your getting may be coming from the post itself or the machine def. Does it pop up before posting starts or while its posting?

All of my code is verified in Vericut prior to going to the shop floor, so other checks are in place to catch any problems.

If the popups were triggered by errors, then the errors should be corrected. I agree. In my case, however, these are warnings generated by an intentional post function, and are an annoyance rather than an aid.

I feel that the end users of the software should be able to configure it to suit their needs. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...

I consulted my reseller and I am confused as to how I should proceed after reading this post. See email:

"We have looked into your error file problem and have something you can do to get rid of this file. It requires making a change to the Control Definition file. Here are the steps to make this change, just in case you are not familiar with this file:

1. Go to Settings and choose Machine Definition Manager
  2. Green check for ok and pick “No” for the “Save .mcx file” question
  3. Click on Edit Control Definition icon across the top of the window
  4. Click on Files in the column on the left of the window that comes up
  5. About halfway down, you will see “Posting error file”. Right now, your file says “Always keep log file”. Pick “On fatal errors”.
  6. Green check for ok and save the file

This will cause the .err file to only be generated when a fatal error is encountered.

If you should have any problems with this or require assistance to make this change, please contact us."

CarbonCAD, the change that they have recommended is a valid solution to unwanted error popups. As others have mentioned, there are risks involving potentially bad NC code.

My suggestion would be based on the level of customization in your post. If you are not sure what is causing the errors, there are people on this forum that might be able to help. If you are absolutely sure that your posted output is correct, and want to disable the error popups, do it. The changes can be undone if needed.

Any answer on this until seeing what the errors being generated are unwise. Besides the one of consult your reseller.

Before answering that question the right way, we need to know WHAT exactly error is being generated.

Any answer on this until seeing what the errors being generated are unwise. Besides the one of consult your reseller.

Before answering that question the right way, we need to know WHAT exactly error is being generated.

The email in his post was from his reseller. They were the ones recommending the changes, not me. I would think that they had evaluated his exact error situation prior to making that recommendation.

The issue CarbonCad was having is 2 variables existed in his "old" post that are obsolete and had $ on the end.

A search showed they were located nowhere, except at the definition, in the post, so once they were removed. Error free