Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam Apps

haasvf2

• 5 months later...

NCSimul and VERICUT have Apps. The first has been released last July and VERICUT's is close to be released.

http://www.springplm...sbis.php?ID=521

https://twitter.com/...5575553/photo/1

Verification is not that simplistic either, but it seems they found their way.

I'm very careful before I say something is impossible or not effective. We never know what kind of fools and idiots are coding for these devices.

In fact, I always consider myself part of the idiots/fools group, because I know very little about development for mobile platforms. They are the thing now, so it makes sense that their APIs and hardware is getting the whole attention these days.

10 years ago I could never imagine I'd calculate right angle triangles on my cellphone.

I'd say a viewer for Mastercam, covering all layers and showing toolpaths as wireframe, per operation or group, it's a very realistic request.

Toolpath crunching? No, we're not there yet... but a lot of other things are possible...

JM2C

Ive been sticking my toe into that pool recently, as well. But for the Android platform :p

Hello All,

If you have Vericut 7.3 and above you can now use the Reviewer App on your Ipad. Great tool for the Machinist on the floor.

http://www.cgtech.com/ipad/

But it´s not backwards compatible. Reviewer 7.3 can´t open a reviewer file from 7.2. That´s just ridiculous.

It´s because they use CGTech IP file technology, which is not backwards compatible. And they told me in a written form this won´t change.

The truth is that CGTech rushed their reviewer tool to respond to NCSimul viewer that was launched a couple of years before CGTech´s....

NCSimul is backwards compatible and support x64 and x86 platforms. The Frenchs smoke CGtech in regards their viewer.

And I love that because the best thing that can happen for us end users is when they kick each other arses.

Go through this please:

http://www.cgtech.co...?pid=5127#p5127

Daniel,

I did have CgTech raise SCR # 11586 -- Reviewer files to be upward compatible to have it fixed.

V7.3.1 reviewer will be oppened with the next releases of Vericut. That is the confirmation I did get from my Tech guy from CgTech.

Have a nice day,

Daniel,

I did have CgTech raise SCR # 11586 -- Reviewer files to be upward compatible to have it fixed.

V7.3.1 reviewer will be oppened with the next releases of Vericut. That is the confirmation I did get from my Tech guy from CgTech.

Have a nice day,

Hi Martin,

That will be great! Thanks for helping to push this!

One of my colleagues here runs mastercam on a surface pro2 tablet. Now if you are shooting for efficiency, good luck, the small touch screen requires some good eyes. I wouldn't want to do programming in it because I have big duel monitors and still feel like im running out of room but for just running through backplot or verify on a program on the shop floor or for checking tool data I think this could be an effective way of making easy mods while mobile.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe they should offer for a beta to see if it is any use or not. I know not only would I use it on my phone. The shop has touch screens by every machine. The app on them would be used all the time for set-up at least. I say give the people what they want.

• 5 months later...

I currently got a Samsung Note 10.1 that come's with a stylist, and 3gigs of Ram 32ghd, high-end graphics, I would think this is a good foundation, to run a MasterCam App, most offline computer people would agree walking around gets time intense and cumbersome for changes and updates to prints and NC files, but can get even more simplified with the high end tablets,  to walk around and make changes on the fly, create new projects while your on the flight, teach others the new / now generation is keep it simple smart ( Think about it ) ..... MasterCam XX..... START the #1 Cad Cam program on Android...

KISS: Keep It Simple Smart :)

no offence to Ipad, I'm just (windows and Android) user

I'm sure Ipad will follow

iPad or iPhone aside, why don't they make Mastercam for Apple computers?  As far as I now they don't, and it's not just Mastercam, I believe Surfcam and Powermill don't have an Apple version of their software either.  Is it just that there isn't a big enough user base?

Despite it's popularity in the consumer market, Apple has a very small foot print in the business world.

A lot of graphics design people use it but that's about it.

The last time I took a class I notice all the Vericut people were running Vericut on Apples via a windows emulator

• Like 1

One of my colleagues here runs mastercam on a surface pro2 tablet. Now if you are shooting for efficiency, good luck, the small touch screen requires some good eyes. I wouldn't want to do programming in it because I have big duel monitors and still feel like im running out of room but for just running through backplot or verify on a program on the shop floor or for checking tool data I think this could be an effective way of making easy mods while mobile.

What MCX is he running????

• 11 months later...

Having a Mastercam viewer on a tablet could let the operator view what is going to happen so he does not have to bother the programmer. Being able to post might be a good thing in some cases.

I'd like this myself. Just the ability to roll the part and flip thru viewsheets and tool paths. Maybe get info like max/min z and f/s info as well.

NCSimul and VERICUT have Apps. The first has been released last July and VERICUT's is close to be released.

http://www.springplm...sbis.php?ID=521

https://twitter.com/...5575553/photo/1

Verification is not that simplistic either, but it seems they found their way.

I'm very careful before I say something is impossible or not effective. We never know what kind of fools and idiots are coding for these devices.

In fact, I always consider myself part of the idiots/fools group, because I know very little about development for mobile platforms. They are the thing now, so it makes sense that their APIs and hardware is getting the whole attention these days.

10 years ago I could never imagine I'd calculate right angle triangles on my cellphone.

I'd say a viewer for Mastercam, covering all layers and showing toolpaths as wireframe, per operation or group, it's a very realistic request.

Toolpath crunching? No, we're not there yet... but a lot of other things are possible...

JM2C

Vericut had a viewer to see the review files on iphones/ipads a while ago. We set it up and created a bunch of review files for operators in the shop. It took a great deal of time. Nobody used either of them once.