Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam Apps

haasvf2

No, and nothing is currently planned. I just have to ask: why on earth would you possibly want to run Mastercam on an iPad or Droid?

because I have an iPad, and it goes pretty much everywhere with me at work. And because it'd be a heck of a lot easier to double check things next to the machine on an ipad rather than walking back to the computer. Of course, I could always remote into my computers at work to do it, but that's not quite as easy as having a simple MCam app would be

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

No, and nothing is currently planned. I just have to ask: why on earth would you possibly want to run Mastercam on an iPad or Droid?

I find this to be a very odd response. Why would you ask a customer why he would want a certain functionality? He has his reasons. Also, the reason I found this posting is because I was searching for a Mastercam IPad app. I also have my reasons.

• Like 1

I certainly did not mean to be offensive in my response. I was just surprised at the request. An IPad has no keyboard or mouse, so it lacks the necessary input devices to interact effectively. I suppose a "viewer" of sorts might be useful, but we would have to add new staff new staff to be able to do that.

Mastercam is built on the windows platform, and from what little I know, we don't have any plans to develop for Apple products.

If an IPad app would be of use to you, then please send in a request to QC, and describe what kind of functionality you would like.

Anyone who thinks they're going to run a CAM system and do any real number crunching on an Android or IPad is either an idiot or a fool

There, I said it

and anyone who thinks they're going to look at files, and you ALL know this will happen, I'll send you a 500 meg model I have that brings desktops to it's knees, so that when that doesn't work, everyone can cry about that too

:guitar:

NCSimul and VERICUT have Apps. The first has been released last July and VERICUT's is close to be released.

http://www.springplm...sbis.php?ID=521

https://twitter.com/...5575553/photo/1

Verification is not that simplistic either, but it seems they found their way.

I'm very careful before I say something is impossible or not effective. We never know what kind of fools and idiots are coding for these devices.

In fact, I always consider myself part of the idiots/fools group, because I know very little about development for mobile platforms. They are the thing now, so it makes sense that their APIs and hardware is getting the whole attention these days.

10 years ago I could never imagine I'd calculate right angle triangles on my cellphone.

I'd say a viewer for Mastercam, covering all layers and showing toolpaths as wireframe, per operation or group, it's a very realistic request.

Toolpath crunching? No, we're not there yet... but a lot of other things are possible...

JM2C

• Like 1

I let'r rip

Verification is many things, it is NOT however, toolpath crunching

It is silly AND stupid and I stand by it

But hey, I'm sure there's blog guys out that would agree with that statement that I'm silly and stupid too

Opinions vary though

:3 years in the future:

Hey guys, I have a problem... my iphone is having a tough time with this 46.3GB file I have.... Machine sim hangs up on the 464th operation... when I zoom in on the chip auger, cause I want to make sure it's still running. What gives? It's just a simple FBM op with 63 features and 32 custom tools.

Man, why do I keep paying maint for this CRAP!

That'll be the day that JP quits the forum!

• Like 2

I could see it working for other software but not Mastercam. Two identical parts one in NX 8.5 and the other in X7 with similar tool paths and settings. The NX tool path generates in 10 seconds and Mastecam tool path generates in 2:00 mins. No I don't think either are good candidates but maybe something like SoaceClaim.