Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

figure chip thinning

Care to elaborate on this? Do you have access to the SDK I am thinking it would be cool to make a tab that sits in the operation manager that works. One click update speed and feeds to operation would be a sweet addition. I might can get you some assistance with that if you are up to the challenge.

As of right now there is only one way to automatically exchange data fields between hsmadvisor and mastercam.

I have a "Capture Wizard" that scans Operations manager's window and grabs data from each text field, then transfers it to HSMAdvisor.

When calculation is done, you click Update button and it sends data back to Mastercam the same way.

This works pretty good, but some data is left unavailable, because it is residing in hidden tabs.

I have completed Integration profiles for bobcad.

Now working on Mastercam

There is a second way of doing it.

Using a .net hook i can add a button to Mastercam's main window. It will open up a dialog where you will be able to export entire operations to HSMAdvisor and then send updated stuff back.

As far as i know there is no way to create a tab inside operations manager unfortunately (am i wrong?)

If there was, it would be super sweet.

Second method is still in early stages, but i did a proof of concept and (yay!) It works!

I am up to the challenge. All i need is a little time. Very busy between day job and supporting apps between 3 different platforms.

What do you have in mind?

Edit: here is an article with more detailed example:

http://zero-divide.net/index.php?page=FrontPage&shell_id=151&article_id=4496

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as i know there is no way to create a tab inside operations manager unfortunately (am i wrong?)

If there was, it would be super sweet.

There is a way since Moldplus and Verisurf both have done it, how to go about it is not within my abilities. Great article and it looks promising. Sorry slow getting back to you I to have a lot going on.

• 10 months later...

We are running 1045 at 800 sf and .0055 chip load with a .05 step over ,with  .500 .03cr 5 flute imco end mill.  Wondering if that's reasonable,  we would like to go faster.  How fast should you go?

This is what i am getting for 1045 Steel.

Run it dry with airblast.

Make sure work and toolholding are adequate.

Material: 1043, 1045, C45, Hot Rolled  (162 HB)
Tool: 0.500in 5FL Carbide TiAlN coated HP/Roughing End Mill
Speed: 1160.0 SFM/ 8866.2 RPM
Feed: 0.0064 ipt/ 0.0319 ipr/ 282.61 ipm
Chip Thickness: 0.0038 in

Engagement:  DOC=1.000 in   WOC=0.050 in

Power: 7.0HP
MRR: 14.13 in^3

Reduce the surface speed to improve the tool life.

This should give you at least 2 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

When milling with a ball endmill, how do you factor in radial and axial chip thinning. say I'm running a .5 ball at .02 woc .05

Sorry for the delay. i dont check forums regularely enough.

Best way to get a quick response is to email me.

Anyway. Thinning is appled when WOC and/Or DOC is less than Radius of the tool.

Axail and Radial factors multiply when both values are small enough.

post-44227-0-82955500-1424399838_thumb.png

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to buy myself a Christmas gift this year and picked up HSMAdvisor. Well worth the money especially when you get the phone app included with it as well.

I have personally bought the HSMAdvisor and recommend it to anyone. Well worth the money and it is an excellent product IMHO.

Thank you, guys!

Yes, i have made FSWizard phone app available for all my HSMAdvisor customers as well recentely. In fact I want to create a HSMAdvisor for phone version that can share not only the license, but machines, tool libraries and other bells and whistles.

Right now busy with the MC hook project, but some time next year I may roll it out.

Keep tuned in.

Cheers and have a Happy New Year!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...