Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis post problems

X5 using MpMaster post:

Haas VF2 with rotary on right side of the table (facing left).

I had a part with six different T/C plane named views all using same offset. I roughed the top and bottom just using rotate planes by 180 deg, which worked great. Then I proceded to select each different view and select T and C Plane only. The part Verified and Backplotted correctly! In the machine the A axis rotated backwards (I think) so then I thought I could just reverse the A to Neg or positive......That didn't work! When I did that the Y axis was waay off in relation to the part.

Would the Haas 4ax post work better? I tried all kinds of different ways to select and rotate the planes with NO luck...... It's like the tool wanted to cut the part just like it was in the Vise flat on the bed LOL.

I'm Not at work now, but has anyone else had these issues? I would really appreciate any help please.

I haven't tried the haas 4x post, but I have, basically, the same set-up as you.

Cept mine is a TM-2 with a 4th on the right side. I like the MPMaster very much and that's the one I use. It works flawlessly, but there's a few things you need to have in order first. These apply, no matter what post you're using.

First, make sure you're MD and CD are set up right:

- 4th axis about X

- rotation direction is correct, absolute, incremental, full or indexing, etc....

- location and limits are defined

- also, you have to have the WCS, and T-planes worked out correctly and have your part set up so that your center of rotation in mastercam is the same as the center of rotation on the machine

Then, in the post, look for these:

vmc or hmc

any thing related to your 4th axis

This is off the top of my head, since I'm not at work. If you like the MPmaster, as I do, I could probably help you get yours set up like mine. Again, we have the same set-up, pretty much.

I'll get back to you tomorrow at work. If you get the hass4x working and don't want to bother, let me know.

• Like 1

Same thing here on the rotation direction. First thing I did when setting it up was just rotate toolplanes 90 degrees and did a simple drill on all four sides to get the rotation direction correct.

Also, I always set the center of rotation of the part to the origin and create T-planes by rotating around the origin. If you get into funky angles, you'll have to be a little creative, but always try to leave the plane at the origin and it makes it much simpler and cleaner.

Ok, I tried the haas 4ax post on a rotary 4ax part just a min ago. It Did make the correct moves, but I couldn't get it to post In Inverse Time Feedrates. I checked use inverse time on Rotary in the control def with no luck. Then I checked use inverse on 4th Axis Linear, still no luck..... Is there something I have to alter in the post?

I'd rather be using the MPmaster post, but I'd need a lil help on how to reverse the 4th output. Probably easy to do- but still learning all of this as I go and thanks again for being patient :-)

• 4 years later...

In the Machine definition, 1st page, right click on VMC A axis and click properties.

change direction here and see if that helps. This is for my TM-2 with 4th on the right side.

This is actually the best change procedure. It makes a change you don’t have debugged and trouble shoot to much just change rotary axis in the box save and that’s it.