Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hurco Ultimax post

I need to get a Hurco Ultimax post for a 3 axis mill. I downloaded one from my reseller but it does not like arcs, it also has an issue with drilling. I thought that the post would be about 95% there but it seems to need alot of work. I have used other softwares that acully had a poat editor for writing posts.

I thank you in advance for any help.

George

The standard ultimax post should work fine, typically I send my customers the v9 post and they just update it. It even works on the new hurco control. Do you know if thats where yours came from?

As far as post editing. Alot of things are handled thru either machine def or control def, and when I have to edit the post I just use notepad.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the control in Industry standard or Basic?

does the control miss arcs out doing circle mill using perpendicular entry with line and arc entry I.E

X-5. Y0.

G43 Z50. H5

Z1.

G94 G1 Z0. F2000.

G41 D5 Y5. F300.(this line is read)

G3 X-10. Y0. I0. J-5.(also read)

X10. I10. J0.(not m/c'd properly/ignored)

X-10. I-10. J0.(not m/c'd properly/ignored)

X-5. Y-5. I5. J0.(ok)

G1 G40 Y0.(ok)

if you have this problem seek hurco help! this is a read ahead problem and needs changing from 3 lines ahead to 1!!!!

this worked for me!!!