Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hurco mpmaster post helix issues

i just downloaded the mpmaster post off of this site. it is perfect!! except for helixing. right now, it is outputting helix moves as 4 seperate moves to make one circle. i changed the control definition to support all helix on all planes, still not working. is there something in the post to change?

Sometimes, that is the best way to get accurate arcs.

If you prefer something else, change the "arc breaks" section of the "arc" tab in the control definition to what you want.

It's probably set to "break at quadrants" right now.

i have tried every combination in the control definition. none of it works. is there anything in the post that would change this?

Ya got me, I'm stumped now. I use the MpMaster, as well and simply changed the Control Def to break at quadrants. That's what I want, that's what i get posted in the code. I don't understand why yours wouldn't work that way since I never had to touch the post for it.

Sorry.

Ya got me, I'm stumped now. I use the MpMaster, as well and simply changed the Control Def to break at quadrants. That's what I want, that's what i get posted in the code. I don't understand why yours wouldn't work that way since I never had to touch the post for it.

Sorry.

[/quo

thanks for trying, it works the way it is. i would just like to see it post a little shorter. right now its a lot of lines to helix one hole.