Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hasp not foud

draftmasters

Help

I spilled water on my laptop and crashed my hard drive. I loaded Mastercam V9.1 on my new home computer(Window 7) and it says hasp not found when start Mill. The computer has the latest divers for the hasp loaded.

Thanks in advance

But, but, If you have Windoz 7 pro, cant ya run in XP mode?

I thought Microsoft changed that last year so you could.

I haven't tried it personally, but people who have say V9 running in XP mode is nearly useless

due to graphic issues.

If you are running Win 7 and must run V9, your best bet is to build a dual boot system.

I haven't tried it personally, but people who have say V9 running in XP mode is nearly useless

due to graphic issues.

If you are running Win 7 and must run V9, your best bet is to build a dual boot system.

Yep your right.

Microsoft says only X4 is compatible in XP mode...

Grrrr....Dual boot only way.

I doubt very much that you will be able to run V9 on a new computer. I tried to load V9 on my new computer last year (nothing special: XP Pro SP3, 32bit, 2666Mhz, 4GB RAM, Quadra FX 1800) and couldn't get it to work at all. My computer guy said something about it being a DOS based program.

You could check Craigslist for a used computer, or upgrade to X# like the rest of us. <_<

I tried to load V9 on my new computer last year (nothing special: XP Pro SP3, 32bit, 2666Mhz, 4GB RAM, Quadra FX 1800) and couldn't get it to work at all. My computer guy said something about it being a DOS based program.

You need a new computer guy..

My guess is your AV software blocked the V9 hasp driver install utility..

That machine should run V9 with no problems at all

You need a new computer guy..

My guess is your AV software blocked the V9 hasp driver install utility..

That machine should run V9 with no problems at all

Care to explain? I actually tried to load V9 on 3 different computers, all of them built within 3 months of each other. The video cards might have been different, I don't know or remember. V9 would open (so it wasn't a HASP issue in my case), but would freeze up for 30 seconds or so every time I moved the mouse.

Doesn't really matter to be now, as I don't use V9. Sorry for the hijack OP, I was just relaying my experience.

IF V9 was opening it obviously wasn't a HASP issue.

That sounds like some kind of video issue.. The FX-1800 is a newer card...

but it should run with some driver tweaking...

XP SP3 is a supported OS for V9.. so that shouldn'd be a problem..

but like you said.. why bother.. V9 sux

IF V9 was opening it obviously wasn't a HASP issue.

That sounds like some kind of video issue.. The FX-1800 is a newer card...

but it should run with some driver tweaking...

XP SP3 is a supported OS for V9.. so that shouldn'd be a problem..

but like you said.. why bother.. V9 sux

Yeah, I was thinking video driver issue as well. I loaded V9 as a "backup" while I learned X4, thinking that I might need a crutch. Turns out V9 not working was a blessing in disguise as I actually had to get up to speed quickly.

As far as V9 sux, well, you got that right. I was messing with V9 lathe last week while I was waiting for my X lathe hasp to arrive in the mail, and I couldn't believe the limitations. I can't believe I used it for so long! :blink:

/hijack.

but would freeze up for 30 seconds or so every time I moved the mouse.

now that I think about it, we had that problem with a Dell workstation, (XP and an FX3450 video card)

It was a die hard V9 guy's machine, It took me a week to solve it and by then then he had figured it out....

V9 sux.. :lol:

I have V9 running on my Toshiba Notebook running Windows 7 starter. I am trying to get it to run on the computer that I have upgraded from XP pro 64bit. I'm having no luck. For the life of me I don't remember how I got it up and running on my Netbook. Grrrrrr