Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X /Windows 7 64 bit .. Hasp not found

Kdiver

I was running both Mastercam 9.1 Design and Mastercam X Design on my computer running Windows XP pro 64 bit.

I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium and now can't get either to run .. Both give me a hasp not found error.

I have Windows 7 starter running on my netbook and it is running Mastercam 9.1 just fine.

I installed Mastercam X and it would not run

I installed service pack 1

I installed service pack 1 update 1

I installed service pack 1 update 3

I installed the latest drivers from Alladin for the Hasp

I'm concentrating on getting Mastercam X up and running.

Windows start button/all programs/mastercam x folder/click on the utility "Hasp X". At the top of the popup window it show a version number. If it is V4.0 it is too old. Go to the mastercam website and download the V5.5 HaspX.exe file. Run it and see if you start and end dates are good. You might have to use it to update your codes.

Windows start button/all programs/mastercam x folder/click on the utility "Hasp X". At the top of the popup window it show a version number. If it is V4.0 it is too old. Go to the mastercam website and download the V5.5 HaspX.exe file. Run it and see if you start and end dates are good. You might have to use it to update your codes.

I found the file under Misc. in the downloads area .. It shows Mastercam X and the dates show Unlimited

I was running both Mastercam 9.1 Design and Mastercam X Design on my computer running Windows XP pro 64 bit.

Really, can you tell us how?

Are you running a Nethasp or is this another Bigfoot sighting?

My provider sent me a MR update for Mastercam X and it's now up and running on my Windows 7 64bit machine.

I'm guessing V9.1 runs on my Netbook running Windows 7 starter because it's 32 bit I don't know.

I never had a problem running V9.1 or Mastercam X on my XP 64bit machine . I have a regular hasp not a net hasp.

In reference to the bigfoot reference .. I don't have time to waste lying to people while trying to get help.

I never had a problem running V9.1 or Mastercam X on my XP 64bit machine .

Can you tell us how? People have stated this before but no one has ever been able to say what they've done to get it running.

Thus my bigfoot comment, claimed but never seen ;)

It will run with a Nethasp but the Hasp driver for the USB doesn't support it, so it shouldn't run at all with a USB/Parallel Hasp.

• 6 years later...

I know this thread is ancient however I wanted to post a success story on this topic.

I have a customer that has a HASP with maintenance that expired at Mastercam X. (as in X1) I only had the install disc without any MR's or SP's and got the same HASP not found (15) as stated above attempting to install on Win 7. I tried the Virtual PC/XP Mode... DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THAT. The performance degradation is so bad MC is useless there.

I contacted our reseller and they were able to supply me with Mastercam X MR1 SP2. Installing this and updating the HASP drivers via windows update... voila! Success.

Mastercam X is not supported on Win 7 but so far no issues have come up. This key is a Mill Level 1 so it's not as though it will be taxing it much.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else has an old HASP they would like to make use of.