Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active reports tool list

gms1

I cant stand Active Reports..

You can make a tool list for all tools used by going to tool manager, detail report. This only works if you want every tool in your library listed.

The other way is to customize the set-up sheet which is a huge PITA since it will try to take a screen shot of every operation, even if you dont want them..

Huge waste of time..

X+ is ok, but it is only semi customizable..

I sure miss the old GUI tool lists in X4.

We use the HTML set-up sheets from In House Solutions and love them. We had them heavily customized to output each operation as well as a tool list.

Too bad IHS didn't push these more and stopped supporting them. I think the mods we did would be a big hit.

Scott

I cant stand Active Reports..

You can make a tool list for all tools used by going to tool manager, detail report. This only works if you want every tool in your library listed.

The other way is to customize the set-up sheet which is a huge PITA since it will try to take a screen shot of every operation, even if you dont want them..

Huge waste of time..

X+ is ok, but it is only semi customizable..

I sure miss the old GUI tool lists in X4.

I *think* in time (and probably not too much time) active reports will be good. It will be able to output whatever you need.

At the moment it's lacking a bit, and in my opinin not user friendly.

That said, Ruth (CNC) wrote our report that I posted here a few months ago, and it would work well if we could save in MSWord format. Enhancement request was submitted so hopefully not too long a wait...

My opinion is AR tries to do way too much out of the box (screen shots etc) - a simple tool list with sizes/descriptions/hang out etc) is more effective, and then running the part through verify with the operator on your shoulder.

Saves a bucket of time as he knows what's going to happen - 10x sheets of paper and his eyes are going to glaze over...

I do like the direction they are going with AR it just takes to long to get to a functioning, user friendly state for me :). I need a tool list that gives me the holder pic along with some other stuff for our new crib guy and AR seems like the right path to take. I just don't want to spit out a tool list that has the same tool repeated 20 times or a tool list that has 300 operations in it. There should also be some kind of option to turn off all those screen captures or EACH toolpath... ugh!

I'm trying to make a tool list that just outputs the tools used in the program. Right now I'm getting a tool output for each operation in the program. I think it has something to do with what im linking to in the xml file, but im not sure. Any ideas?

Try changing the RecordSet Pattern in both files to this.

This will focus your Report to only output data for every tool used.

Dolphin Tool List (MILL-TOOLS).rpx

//SETUPSHEET

-Dolphin Tool (MILL-TOOL).rpx

//NCFILE/TOOLS/TOOL

How do you make the report sort the tools.

I take it your tools are pre-numbered to match what you have in your machine.

If so you have a couple of options. You can right-click in the Operations Manager

and select Sort to sort your toolpaths by tool number. Then generate a report and

then Unsort them to get them back to where they were. Kinda of a PITA not to mention

I'm not sure how reliable the Sort\Unsort would work with multiple Machine\Toolpath Groups

and tools.

You could also run a C# script from within your report so that it loads the tool numbers

into a dynamic variable - sort the variable by number - then output the sorted tools.

I would say your best bet to do this would be to run a Report from within the Tool Manager.

An Active Report can be run from the Operations Manager, Tool Manager, or Material Manager. If

you run a report from the Operations Manager you have access to everything, a report from the

other two is more limited I believe. It sounded to me like gms1 is running his "Tool List" report from

the Operation Manager and that's why he should focus the RecordSet Pattern to TOOLS.

The rpx files that are used by the Tool Manager and Material Manager reports are not in the ../SST

folder, they are in the ../MSC folder if you want to alter them. The nice thing about running

a report from the Tool Manager is it doesn't take as long compared to running a report from the

OP Manager. Plus you can Arrange the Tools by number, name, type or diameter before you run

the report.

I've got the Create a Setup Sheet button and a Tool Manager button on my toolbar. Makes it easy

to run a full report, or run a quick and simple tool list report from the Tool Manager.

I take it your tools are pre-numbered to match what you have in your machine.

If so you have a couple of options. You can right-click in the Operations Manager

and select Sort to sort your toolpaths by tool number. Then generate a report and

then Unsort them to get them back to where they were. Kinda of a PITA not to mention

I'm not sure how reliable the Sort\Unsort would work with multiple Machine\Toolpath Groups

and tools.

You could also run a C# script from within your report so that it loads the tool numbers

into a dynamic variable - sort the variable by number - then output the sorted tools.

I would say your best bet to do this would be to run a Report from within the Tool Manager.

An Active Report can be run from the Operations Manager, Tool Manager, or Material Manager. If

you run a report from the Operations Manager you have access to everything, a report from the

other two is more limited I believe. It sounded to me like gms1 is running his "Tool List" report from

the Operation Manager and that's why he should focus the RecordSet Pattern to TOOLS.

The rpx files that are used by the Tool Manager and Material Manager reports are not in the ../SST

folder, they are in the ../MSC folder if you want to alter them. The nice thing about running

a report from the Tool Manager is it doesn't take as long compared to running a report from the

OP Manager. Plus you can Arrange the Tools by number, name, type or diameter before you run

the report.

I've got the Create a Setup Sheet button and a Tool Manager button on my toolbar. Makes it easy

to run a full report, or run a quick and simple tool list report from the Tool Manager.

Thanks a ton thrash, that focus got me exactly what I wanted. I knew it was just a matter of getting the right call to xml. Now I see I should be doing this from the tool manager, not the operations manager. Doing a tool list from the op manager with 300 toolpaths will kill me :)

Eventually I plan on doing the sort method through c#, right after I learn c#!

• 4 weeks later...

Update! :) I finished my tool list finally!! Its functional for what I need done with only a few things missing and some annoyances to go along with them. I sent in an enhancement request and I'll probably send more here some time soon.

Once I figure out how to link it in the MSC folder instead of the SST folder so it will stop all those crazy screenshots for a setupsheet I'll be happy.

Attached here and Ill post it in the ftp for folks to use. Have fun! :)

gms1_tool_list.zip

Update! :) I finished my tool list finally!! Its functional for what I need done with only a few things missing and some annoyances to go along with them. I sent in an enhancement request and I'll probably send more here some time soon.

Once I figure out how to link it in the MSC folder instead of the SST folder so it will stop all those crazy screenshots for a setupsheet I'll be happy.

Attached here and Ill post it in the ftp for folks to use. Have fun! :)

Looks like a good one. ;)

If you want to run it from the MSC folder you need to rename it to what Mastercam uses. Backup Mastercam files first and rename it Tool List (MILL-DETAILED).rpx, or Tool List (MILL-SIMPLE).rpx. Then with the Tool Manager open right-click the active tools area and choose Import/export tools > Report or Detailed Report. No more screenshots.