Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X5 64 bit

I loaded x5 and tried to load solidworks history into mastercam x5 but receieved error message" cannot load solidworks history 64 bit into mastercam 32 bit.

Is mastercam only a 32 bit platform because I don't see a 64 bit version in the download area.

If it is not 64 bit when will thier be a 64 bit version available. I would like to utilize the 64 bit processor I have in my system.

Mastercam is a 32 bit application.

If there are plans for a x64 version, I've not heard them.

They are currently offering mc4sw in x64 but not he standalone product

They are currently offering mc4sw in x64 but not he standalone product

MC4SW installes in an x64 environement, but it is still an x32 application..

Try bringing the Solidworks history tree and toolpaths into X5 from SWx64 and you'll see what I mean.

My mistake..

If I try to import SW tree details and toolspaths from MCfSW I get a warning saying

x32 Mastercam cannot access x64 SW.

That must mean the x32 mastercam app, not the x64MCfSW app ????

Hey Pete maybe you can help then. I get calls all the time about the *32 behind the Mastercam.exe in the task manager. What does the *32 mean when people are on a 64 bit computer to run Mastercam? Thanks it will help solve some back and forth I have had with some customers that claim Mastercam is a 32 bit software working in a 64 bit environment. Which is what I think Gcode meant to say.

The *32 suffix (in Task Manager) means that those running process/applications are 32-bit applications and are running under WOW64 on your x64 OS.

Also if you're running a 64-bit OS ->

If an application is installed in the "proper" location:

32bit applications are installed under "Program Files (x86)" folder and

64bit applications are installed under “Program Files”.

Gcode,

"...That must mean the x32 mastercam app, not the x64MCfSW app ..."

That's right.

Grabbing the history from the SLDPRT within Mastercam's File/Open has nothing to do with MCforSW.

You currently can't bring the history across if you're using a 64-bit session of SW.

But you SHOULD be able to get the toolpath information from a file saved in MCforSW (either 32- or 64-bit) into Mastercam X5 Mu1.

Maybe you've got both "Import history" and "Import MCforSW toolpaths" checked? If so, it's gagging on the history, not on the toolpaths.