Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post format question

Jeff those vales are tied to the FS statements that define "how" the variable;e is formatted for output

#Default english/metric position format statements
fs2 1   0.7 0.6      #Decimal, absolute, 7 place, default for initialize (
fs2 2   0.4 0.3      #Decimal, absolute, 4/3 place
fs2 3   0.4 0.3d     #Decimal, delta, 4/3 place
#Common format statements
fs2 4   1 0 1 0      #Integer, not leading
fs2 5   2 0 2 0l     #Integer, force two leading
fs2 6   3 0 3 0l     #Integer, force three leading
fs2 7   4 0 4 0l     #Integer, force four leading
fs2 9   0.1 0.1      #Decimal, absolute, 1 place
fs2 10  0.2 0.2      #Decimal, absolute, 2 place
fs2 11  0.3 0.3      #Decimal, absolute, 3 place
fs2 12  0.4 0.4      #Decimal, absolute, 4 place
fs2 13  0.5 0.5      #Decimal, absolute, 5 place
fs2 14  0.3 0.3d     #Decimal, delta, 3 place
fs2 15  0.2 0.1      #Decimal, absolute, 2/1 place (feedrate)
fs2 16  1 0 1 0n     #Integer, forced output
fs2 17  0.2 0.3      #Decimal, absolute, 2/3 place (tapping feedrate)

# These formats used for 'Date' & 'Time'
fs2 18  2.2 2.2lt    #Decimal, force two leading & two trailing (time2)
fs2 19  2 0 2 0t     #Integer, force trailing                   (hour)
fs2 20  0 2 0 2lt    #Integer, force leading & trailing         (min)

• 6 years later...
On 05/08/2011 at 1:47 PM, JParis said:

Jeff those vales are tied to the FS statements that define "how" the variable;e is formatted for output

#Default english/metric position format statements
fs2 1   0.7 0.6      #Decimal, absolute, 7 place, default for initialize (
fs2 2   0.4 0.3      #Decimal, absolute, 4/3 place
fs2 3   0.4 0.3d     #Decimal, delta, 4/3 place
#Common format statements
fs2 4   1 0 1 0      #Integer, not leading
fs2 5   2 0 2 0l     #Integer, force two leading
fs2 6   3 0 3 0l     #Integer, force three leading
fs2 7   4 0 4 0l     #Integer, force four leading
fs2 9   0.1 0.1      #Decimal, absolute, 1 place
fs2 10  0.2 0.2      #Decimal, absolute, 2 place
fs2 11  0.3 0.3      #Decimal, absolute, 3 place
fs2 12  0.4 0.4      #Decimal, absolute, 4 place
fs2 13  0.5 0.5      #Decimal, absolute, 5 place
fs2 14  0.3 0.3d     #Decimal, delta, 3 place
fs2 15  0.2 0.1      #Decimal, absolute, 2/1 place (feedrate)
fs2 16  1 0 1 0n     #Integer, forced output
fs2 17  0.2 0.3      #Decimal, absolute, 2/3 place (tapping feedrate)

# These formats used for 'Date' & 'Time'
fs2 18  2.2 2.2lt    #Decimal, force two leading & two trailing (time2)
fs2 19  2 0 2 0t     #Integer, force trailing                   (hour)
fs2 20  0 2 0 2lt    #Integer, force leading & trailing         (min)

Hi

I'm trying to get : ( T1 |  1/2 FLAT ENDMILL | H1 | D1 | DIAMETRE DE L'OUTIL : .5 ) but i want 0.500 not .5

Which format I must use with : tldia$

thx

Frank

Hi Frank,

There is no default Format Statement that exists for what you want. So, you should simply create a new one.

Go find the existing Format Statement section of your Post, and add a 'fs2' statement line, like so:

fs2    29  0.3 0.3t

In this case, I made the Format Statement Number = 29. So that is the number you would assign to 'tldia$'.

Make sure it starts in "the first column of text" in your text editor. There cannot be any Space or Tab characters before the 'fs2' command.

In the MP Language, the "first column" is very important. The first column indicates "the definition of something". It could be a variable initialization, a global formula, a Format Statement or Format Assignment, the start of a Post Block definition, and so on...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, motor-vater said:

how do you guys know all this stuff? is there literature somewhere I can pick up?

There is a pdf document, available from you reseller, called 2018-MP_documentation. If you have trouble getting it, pm me.

Also Colin offers post processing classes that, I can attest, are super informative.

• Like 1

Got the documentation today. It was like pulling teeth. My sales guy was like u don’t want that, leave that to the experts, etc, etc... I was like look man, I just wanna learn this stuff can u hook me up or what. He told me along story about DIY home repair vs hiring a contractor then finally sent me an email. Holly Molly you would think the answers to all the worlds mysteries were in that document.. now for some reading. I printed all 154 pages and am putting it next to my reading chair aka the toilet... I would love to take Colin’s coarse next time around...

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems to me the reseller is insecure and trying to create job stability.  My reseller was like "man yeah, then if you have any questions we can discuss it so you understand it!"

While I have a great reseller and I personally know several really good ones other than mine, it is my personal observation that one weak link in the Mastercam chain is the reseller.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, x18pjr said:

Oh ok, I never get much luck with my reseller, always waiting weeks for a reply, so it’s easy to try and sort it your self.  Trial and error 👍🏻

Ok, that is the kind of response that actually helps us get to know you better.

As in; that you actually "have" a Reseller, is good to hear.

Some of our standoffishness comes from the fact that you are brand-new to the forum, and the first thing you were asking for is MP Documentation. Those kind of requests are typically red flags for someone that is pirating Mastercam software. We don't support pirates here.

Once we can confirm that you are indeed a legitimate Mastercam customer, I'd be happy to send you a copy of the MP_Documenation...

Please don't take it personally. We are a pretty helpful bunch, once we get to know you. The thing that you'll learn, if you decide to stick around, is that this place is built on sweat equity. We help others, because we in turn, have already received massive amounts of help ourselves. In other words; we're happy to help those that are also willing to help others, but we don't have much patience or respect for people that come here only to take. So stick around, and contribute what you can...

P.S.

JP, do you still have the ability to confirm Hasp numbers?

• Like 2

Yeh it’s fine I’ll stick around, I have been using mastercam since x2 which we then upgrades to x3 with maintenance ,as it just come out at the time, then the last upgrade we had was x9 which I think is great. I know I have been on here before asking for help,  got help 👍🏻 my account is years old.

I just saw a comment on LinkedIn about a file to help you understand the post  processes, which would be great so I can fine tune my post I edited to suit my machine, which is  trial and error again. 

To be far I left editing my post as I feel it’s 90% complete just some manual add ins and edits. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 8:44 AM, jlw™ said:

Seems to me the reseller is insecure and trying to create job stability.  My reseller was like "man yeah, then if you have any questions we can discuss it so you understand it!"

While I have a great reseller and I personally know several really good ones other than mine, it is my personal observation that one weak link in the Mastercam chain is the reseller.

it is my personal observation that one weak link in the Mastercam chain is the reseller.

You can say that again, and again.

Fortunately the king of the  "hard codding" is no longer there.

• Huh? 1
  • 2 weeks later...