Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to make drilling to do canned cycle( G83)

MSL

This can be done by opening your control definition in the settings manager, selecting the machine cycles menu and looking at the lathe drill cycles page. There should be a list of lathe drilling cycles. Enable which ever cycle you would like to output as a canned cycle rather than longhand. I believe by default the mplmaster post is setup to use g83 for the simple drill - no peck and the peck drill - full retract drill cycles.

Once the cycle has been enabled you should get the canned cycle. You may need to modify the post if you are not getting the correct canned cycle output though. Let me know if you are still having issues after enabling the canned cycles.

Thanks for the reply. I checked my Control definition,no peck and the peck drill - full retract drill cycles were Enabled already. still not getting it.

something wearied pops up. I think someone was trying to fix the post.I'm getting this now?!!!!!

( MONARCH SPINNER )

( MACHINE GROUP-1 )

( .09 DRILL )

G0 G20 G40 G80 G18 G97 G54

G0 T0404

G97 S800 M03

G0 G54 X0. Z.25

CUSTOMIZABLE DRILL CYCLE X0. Z-.5 <---------- This line

M9

G0 G54 X8. Z10. T0

M05

M30

%

I think you'll want to check which drill cycle you have selected in your operation. On the drop down select the first or second cycle on the list and you should get a different output as long as someone hasn't been monkeying around in the post itself.

I checked, only chip break(G74) and tap(G32) works the rest give me the same massage(CUSTOMIZABLE DRILL CYCLE X0. Z-.5).

Where should I look in our post?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Our lathe guy, is having the reverse problem, can't get the retract to work,

long hand cycle rapids to last depth without clearance,

ie

G1Z-1.75

G0Z.25

G0Z-1.75

G1X-2.0

G0Z.25

G0Z-2.

G1Z-2.25

NEED

GOZ-1.65

G1Z-2.0

G0Z.25

G0Z-1.9

G1Z-2.0

etc,

any help, we've tried using control manager setting, ie turning off drill cyles and still no effect

the rectract will just not work to give some feed clearance

we are using X3

You need to set the peck clearance variable in the peck drilling parameters. If the value is greyed out, in the control definition you can enable the variable by going to the text section, selecting the lathe drill cycles and removing the double quotes from the peck clearance value for the peck drilling operation. Then, in the drilling operation, make sure that you set a value for peck clearance and you should see the change in the longhand code.

• 1 year later...

You need to set the peck clearance variable in the peck drilling parameters. If the value is greyed out, in the control definition you can enable the variable by going to the text section, selecting the lathe drill cycles and removing the double quotes from the peck clearance value for the peck drilling operation. Then, in the drilling operation, make sure that you set a value for peck clearance and you should see the change in the longhand code.

Am trying to make said modification in control definition so that I may input a number in the peck clearance field of peck drill - longhand drill cycle parameters. It is currently blanked out and I am having the same issue as WWFCAM with the drill moving in rapid to last depth with no clearance.

Here is the problem I am facing: even when I double-click on the double quotes and delete them, then save everything and reload/replace, back in the parameters it is still greyed out. I go back to the control def and the quotes are there again, like it is not letting it save my intended modification.

Am trying to make said modification in control definition so that I may input a number in the peck clearance field of peck drill - longhand drill cycle parameters. It is currently blanked out and I am having the same issue as WWFCAM with the drill moving in rapid to last depth with no clearance.

Here is the problem I am facing: even when I double-click on the double quotes and delete them, then save everything and reload/replace, back in the parameters it is still greyed out. I go back to the control def and the quotes are there again, like it is not letting it save my intended modification.

X6

Answering my own question, but it seems to me there must be a better way :

The control definition seems to abhor a vacuum - just deleting the double quote makes them reappear.

Deleting the double quote and typing in a single space activates the peck clearance field in the parameter dialog, but removes the words "peck clearance" from beside the input box.

Deleting double quote and inserting the words "Peck Clearance" has no effect; the words disappear into the ether and the dreaded double-quote comes back.

Typing in a single space, then Peck Clearance, then another single space, made the desired effect. Peck clearance is now activated and produces the desired effect in the post.

Now, someone who actually knows the right way to do this stuff can post an answer that describes the proper steps.

• 10 years later...