Chazsani

MasterCAM X6 released?

While looking for something MasterCAM related, I found a "Value" statement touting the benefits of maintenance. At the following web page (http://www.mastercam.com/View.aspx?Page=/value/Default.cncx), there are bullet points detailing the enhancements released with MasterCAM X6. I have attached a PDF of the page referenced.

Following, has X6 been released to the general user population?

Chazsani

MastercamX6-ValueStatement.pdf

X6 has not been released yet, but is in beta.

Its release is scheduled for the 4th quarter of 2011

It's that time of the year again... ;-)

Heard a rumor that X6 will not run on the XP operating system, hope this is not true, our IS department will not implement Win 7 for another year and half. I just want an argument for our IS department us upgrade to Win7

^^^^

unfounded rumor, it does run on XP

I have heard 10/31 multiple times (once here on this thread, other from my reseller). Since my money is paid for maintenance, I would like the latest and greatest as soon as possible. :D

10/31 is the maintenance date in X6 and we are really pushing hard to have the release ready no later then 10/31. That doesn't mean a package shows up on your door step by then, but electronic downloads of the official release should be available by then.

Jim:

I never suggested a package show up on my door step 10/31... but I do hope CNC Software, Inc's network is up to the task. I and suspect many others will be downloading as soon as it posts. Akamai?

Chazsani

The downloads are usually slow for a day or so after the release date

10/31 is the maintenance date in X6 and we are really pushing hard to have the release ready no later then 10/31. That doesn't mean a package shows up on your door step by then, but electronic downloads of the official release should be available by then.

AWwwwww. I was hoping to wake up to a nice Halloween present but my sack was full of coal.

you are not the only one, I thought about shooting an email to my vendor but I think I will save that call for another day.