Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM X6 released?

Chazsani

CNC Software suddenly realized that X6 did not contain HOOPS or graphical toolpath editing

and sent it back to the developers for a ground up rewrite :lol:

I realize where this sarcasm comes from but in all honesty, I could handle some better graphics and selectable tool path.

I'd settle for the selectable tool path. Especially on part files that contain literally 100's of operations. The ability to select the operation from the screen rather than weeding through the operation tree would be a huge time saver.

Would it be so hard for someone at CNC to just give us common folk a warm fuzzy and tell us why the software is delayed. I mean seriously, we are getting kinda anxious as to what we are waiting for, we aren't expecting it to be out now, just curious and hate speculating....

I am guessing everyone is feeling this way.

Husker

Neurosis,

When 'selecting the toolpath' on the screen, what would you want Mastercam to do? Select that particular operation in the Ops Manager? Would you expect the Ops Manager to de-select all other toolpaths, and only select that one?

Give me an idea of what you would like to happen. We are still working on enhancements for X7, and I may be able to get this one in...

we are getting kinda anxious as to what we are waiting for, we aren't expecting it to be out now, just curious and hate speculating....

The problem is we were expecting it to be out by now. Someone from CNC Software came on here and said the expected release date was the 31st of last month. All I would ask is to keep us updated if it is delayed for some reason.

Someone from CNC Software came on here and said the expected release date was the 31st of last month.

Unless I recall incorrectly or I missed it completely, it was said the maintenance date was 10/31, not the release date

I did find this

10/31 is the maintenance date in X6 and we are really pushing hard to have the release ready no later then 10/31. That doesn't mean a package shows up on your door step by then, but electronic downloads of the official release should be available by then.

Pushing hard = They didn't make it

It is down to days though, I don't have the date. We thought last week, as I said some last minute fixes. It's still only days

Colin, he simply means that if you select a visible tool path on the screen it shows

you which one it is in the ops manager.

If not then that is one of 5 things I would like to see. ;)

What would be way way way way way way way way way better would be, it I had to ad 1 or so surfaces to

50 ops, i would like to be able to select the geometry then select each toolpath to add them to their geometry.

, in one step

Rather than adding to one path and dragging and dropping it to each and every path. when your file is 200 meg plus,

there is a huge delay when dragging and dropping.