Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM X6 released?

Chazsani

If you're running X6x32 you can save geometry back to all X versions and V9

If you'e running X6x64, you cannot.

We keep an old x32 machine around to facilitate this

Lets say I have 2 computers, one has the 64 bit and one has the 32 bit. If I save a file on the 64 bit version, can I open it with the 32 bit version, then save to previous version?

Lets say I have 2 computers, one has the 64 bit and one has the 32 bit. If I save a file on the 64 bit version, can I open it with the 32 bit version, then save to previous version?

Yes

On that same note, can I have both versions of X6 on my computer, program in the 64-bit, open in the 32-bit on the same computer, and save out to X5 for use on a different computer? I know, seems like a waste of time, but I'm curious lol

edit: I see now that it says the 32-bit can only be installed on a 32-bit OS, so it won't install at all on a 64-bit computer? I don't want to go through the process of upgrading our other machines to X6 yet...although I think they're both 64-bit anyway (maybe). I'm confused, it's been a long weekend :)

I was also able to download X6 from the link provided by Omoe.X6 64 bit running here :rolleyes:Mastercam X6 (15.0.3.28)Build date: Friday, November 18, 2011

Mic,You should still wait until the official released build of X6 to install. We are currently putting the finishing touches on the X6 release. We will let everyone know when it is available for download.Thanks,

After installing, check Help/AboutThe latest version is 15.0.3.28 Build Date 11/18/11

So will I've to reinstall or am I good to go?

It depends on whether you are running Win7 x32 or Win 7 x64

If you install off the DVD, Install will figure it out and install the right version.

If you're going with the standalone web download, you must download the correct version.

I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure, that you cannot install an X6x32 on an x64 machine

or visa versa. The install should stop and yell at you if you try.

If you don't know what version of Windows you're running

right click "My Computer" and select "Properties"

How can you tell if you have the 64 or 32 version? I dont see anything in the Help/About.

-start

-all programs

-accessories

-system tools

-system information

you will see "System type" under the "item" column...

if it says x64 based you have a 64 bit system

if it says x86 based you have a 32 bit system

i really like the "For legal reasons, the License Agreement Acceptance appears at random Mastercam startups"

for now it's a 5 ask on 5 startup , i didn't know that 100% is "RANDOM" ............ :blink:

Having it pop up at all is annoying. Its popped up on me about 10 times now in one day. Im already sick of it.

:Checking FR rating on Nomex Underpants:

I don't understand the issue?:unsure:?

I can't run McamV9 on a 64bit Win7 machine anyway,..why would I need to save the file to MC9? :huh:

If I try to backsave to a different McamX version I always loose the toolpaths, (no backwards compatibility,..never has been probably never will be) <_<

If I need to save geom as something other than MCX-6 out of McamX6 64bit I'll save it as step or parasolid for solid models DWG/DXF for wire frame geom or iguesss as a last resort.

• 1 year later...

i really like the "For legal reasons, the License Agreement Acceptance appears at random Mastercam startups"

for now it's a 5 ask on 5 startup , i didn't know that 100% is "RANDOM" ............ blink.gif

For legal reasons? Has no one sued yet for repetitive strain on their mouse button finger?