Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM X6 released?

Chazsani

I personally cannot wait for X6 to land! The truth about software is that it will always have bugs...and to think that Mastercam would be exempt from this is a bit naive. I mean...look at windows...probably the largest single piece of software around (based on my thinking...not fact) and they are always releasing updates and service packs for it to fix bugs. I am a relatively new user of mastercam so probably havent encountered all of the bugs and glitches that some of the more veteran users have, but i can say this about mastercam...it is very much a user based package. IMO CNC Software does an amazing job of actively listening to the issues that users have and helping them find solutions. Even just on this forum there are obviously CNC software reps and resellers etc helping general users. Having come from Unigraphics I can tell you that this is something that not all CAM software will have. As i said before...I know that X6 will have issues, and won't have fixed all the current issues that X5 has, but I very much look forward to seeing the improvements that they have implemented, and know that when problems do arise, I can put them forward to CNC software and they will be heard.

I personally cannot wait for X6 to land! The truth about software is that it will always have bugs...and to think that Mastercam would be exempt from this is a bit naive. I mean...look at windows...probably the largest single piece of software around (based on my thinking...not fact) and they are always releasing updates and service packs for it to fix bugs. I am a relatively new user of mastercam so probably havent encountered all of the bugs and glitches that some of the more veteran users have, but i can say this about mastercam...it is very much a user based package. IMO CNC Software does an amazing job of actively listening to the issues that users have and helping them find solutions. Even just on this forum there are obviously CNC software reps and resellers etc helping general users. Having come from Unigraphics I can tell you that this is something that not all CAM software will have. As i said before...I know that X6 will have issues, and won't have fixed all the current issues that X5 has, but I very much look forward to seeing the improvements that they have implemented, and know that when problems do arise, I can put them forward to CNC software and they will be heard.

I wept as I read this....very touching :p

• Like 1