Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM X6 released?

Chazsani

Neurosis,

When 'selecting the toolpath' on the screen, what would you want Mastercam to do? Select that particular operation in the Ops Manager? Would you expect the Ops Manager to de-select all other toolpaths, and only select that one?

Give me an idea of what you would like to happen. We are still working on enhancements for X7, and I may be able to get this one in...

I would think he means something like if you select a toolpath on the screen/part, then it would highlight the toolpath in the ops manager. I'm thinking similar to the way that in an assembly in SolidWorks, if you click on a part, it highlights that part in the feature tree.

Of course, he could be thinking something totally different, but that's what makes sense to me :)

Unless I recall incorrectly or I missed it completely, it was said the maintenance date was 10/31, not the release date

I did find this

Yes that is what I was talking about. All I'm saying is it would have been nice if something was said when it wasn't going to be released that day after telling us that the electronic download should be available that day. I understand things come up, its not so much what happens its how it gets handled that frustrates people.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash anyone here I'm just looking forward to seeing X6.

I am hoping for some performance improvements at least in X6. I pushed our programming department to start utilizing the High Speed and dynamic toolpaths because the efficiency improvements out on the machines was very good but it really bogged our programming performance down quite a bit. I am hoping that with 64-bit processing that these toolpaths will regenerate a lot faster. Upper management has purchased 8 new PCs for my department to help with these performance issues, but I know it is not just the PCs, these toolpaths are crunching a lot of data and I am hoping this improves with X6. Also, I don't want to have to install X5 on these new computers and then have to go through and do it again in less than a month.

Ya if I was a beta tester I wouldn't worry about when it was released either. :(

Let's not overlook I work for a reseller and deal with customers wanting to know as much as everyone else does.

It affects me in several ways.

With that said, I have zero control over the time frame and even if I know, which at this point I no longer have a date for it, I can't say anyway.

Have you considered becoming a Beta tester?

We're planning on shutting down for the week between Christmas and the New Year.. but I'll believe it when I see it :rolleyes:

We're shutting down that week and I'm off to Mexico on the 30th for a week in the sun. But really, busy or not seeing out the year on X5 MU1 is not a big deal, going to X6 live on tour Dec 1st here in Oakville though. Always enjoy the sandwiches and little cakes and coffee :lol:

• Like 1

anything that cuts any system memory in half is generally "not" a good idea

jm2c

I agree, but at least in this instance I can say I made a recommendation and it was overridden by IT and budget. Sometimes the bean counters will spend a hundred dollars or more to save a dollar!

What is the official process getting involved in the Beta Test Cycle? What qualifies a user to get involved?

Husker

You request from your reseller, they place a request into Mastercam.

Previous to acceptance, there are agreements that must be signed.

It must start through your reseller though.

I agree, but at least in this instance I can say I made a recommendation and it was overridden by IT and budget. Sometimes the bean counters will spend a hundred dollars or more to save a dollar!

Oh you can't beat IT departments.

I remember when we had autocad R11 - just out and needed 2 meg of ram to run.

The 386 box came in the morning (with a 14" monitor) and the company software manager networked it and loaded autocad.

He then gave the MD a bell and said that 2 meg of ram was in his opinion way overkill for our application.

The MD came running down stairs and the pair proceeded to strip the machine and remove a meg chip, as that chip was deemed 'useful' in the software managers pc (for ms word probably).

I remember pointing out that the minimum system requirements were 2 meg, but they carried on.

Of course the system wouldn't even load, so they had to pull it apart and put it back together as it was.

'Experts', as I said you can't beat them (only with a stick :) )