Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

BTW Jeremy, if you make the change I just posted the M52 becomes M51 not M53 as you stated in an earlier post. Something to do with the coolant???

# Generate string for spindle, mill

sm52 : "M52" #Spindle reverse - no coolant

sm55 : "M55" #Spindle off - no coolant

sm51 : "M51" #Spindle forward - no coolant

sm54 : "M54" #Spindle reverse - coolant

sm55c : "M55" #Spindle off - coolant

sm53 : "M53" #Spindle forward - coolant

spindle_m : "" #Target string

Physically on the machine if you were to run this would the drill show up on the right or left of center?

Alright... M "x" values are all positive I got my g2 and g3 right. My spindle direction for the live tooling is correct. But my check out the the c positions when you post. I just put vtl-2.z2g on the ftp. This is my actual machine def and post. It is a modified mplmaster not the generic 4x from before.

thanks for all th help guys.

in tool path 3 I start with the hole on the opposite side of my turn geometry and it post "C0.", in tool path 4 I start with the hole on the same side as my turn geometry (like it should be) and it comes out "C180." I tried changing the MD and the c_shift variable in the post, but they have no effect?

• Like 1

I think its a problem with the settings in Mcam... I am willing to bet that if you can get it to backplot on the right side (true to the machine) you will find no other mods necessary. (X will come out correct and the spindle direction will also be correct and the C axis will also post the right angles).

I would shoot this to my reseller or qc and ask how to get the live tooling to backplot on the positive side of the X axis.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Guys,

I am experiencing a lot of the problems that you are speaking of with our new VTL. Code looks good for turning but milling with the live spindle is all X-. I can typically edit and modify simple stuff in the post but have tried several of the things I found online and still having the same problems. One of them that has just come to surface is the verify. now my tools are reversed and destroys the part with the holders and inserts being mirrored about the geometry on vertical cuts.

I have found that even when I put the correct travel in the Machine Definition Manager it still goes to the opposite side creating X- instead of positive. This VTL will only go 100MM past X center line.

In-House Solutions done the post for our Siemens 840D Powerline Control and so far I have only see a few minor fixes that are needed.

I hope that you might be able to help me get this resolved.

Thanks,

Sam