Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Updating to X6

Also do not know if this is a mistake again in Mastercam X6, X5 in Mastercam into a program and generate the code G with the post processor, now do the same program and it generated the same code with Mastercam postprocessor and shows me a different G code to as obtained in Mastercam X5, someone has been the same?

Check this out: http://www.emasterca...showtopic=64917

Theepres, I suppose that only matters if you do not plan to renew it.

Ours renew in Nov. so I am covered, but itI I would not update to X6

if I knew before hand that I would not Qualify for the Bug fix entailed in the much needed MU1 update

that takes 3- 6months to be released.

The track record, so far, IMHO, is that the MU1 is more important that the Major release

since X2

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

If you copy them yes, your originals are left in place.

X5 should then remaining running as is,

Which is exactly why I recommend doing it this way.

Hi,

We have our files on a network and what I did was place the files on my desktop under an X6 folder and create the proper structure. I selected the network location as the source and the desktop as the destination, when I start using X6 I had to update the paths to point to the desktop folder and I lose the CD settings when a new post is selected, is there a fix for this. We will be running X5 MU1 and X6 for a while so when I am ready to get rid of X5 MU1 will I have to update the paths again to the network location and lose my CD settings again. Is there a way to replace a post without loosing your CD settings ?. I could have update everything in the source network folder since most libraries have a -5 or -6 but the fact that the posts do not crushed that idea to crumbles. What is the best approach to updating while on a network ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm one of the guys caught with the first x6 version. So, I uninstalled it, notice little pieces hanging around in the documents folder and deleted those as well. I now have the latest and greatest disk and x6 is installed and it only flashes on the monitor for about a half second, never to be seen again. I've noticed that "my mcamx6" does not exist in my documents folder.

I'm one of the guys caught with the first x6 version. So, I uninstalled it, notice little pieces hanging around in the documents folder and deleted those as well. I now have the latest and greatest disk and x6 is installed and it only flashes on the monitor for about a half second, never to be seen again. I've noticed that "my mcamx6" does not exist in my documents folder.

That did it my bad Sc

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate your help John.

I have a question. I downloaded the X6 x64 latest version but it did not install into the \Program Files(x86) subdirectory (like X5 did) and it doesn't seem to be hyperthreading or multitasking (like X5 did). Is there something somewhere I need to turn on? When I do a regen of a dynamic area op, I do not get the little symbol showing it doing its thing in the background.

Frustrated....

I appreciate your help John.

I have a question. I downloaded the X6 x64 latest version but it did not install into the \Program Files(x86) subdirectory (like X5 did) and it doesn't seem to be hyperthreading or multitasking (like X5 did). Is there something somewhere I need to turn on? When I do a regen of a dynamic area op, I do not get the little symbol showing it doing its thing in the background.

Frustrated....

X6 on a x64 computer will install into the "Program Files" structure

On a 64 bit computer, you have

Program Files(x86) which is 32 bit application

Program Files which is x64 bit applications, that is where X6 will be located

X5 was a 32 bit app and installed in Program Files(x86)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This .pdf will help you get your X6 up and running.

This handles most straight forward installations. If you're doing something different, there may be some other things you will want or need to do.

There's been some issue of what appears to be people updating their X5 config IN the X5 folder. This "may" help

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

flawless transition. thank you for the guide!

• 3 months later...

I am having a problem setting up the default machines in the config. having this problem on both machines that I am setting up with Mcam6. So I figure it is me doing something wrong. I have followed J Paris' .pdf tip sheet, I think. I have attached screenshot.

having same problem since our IT guy installed X6MU2 on our computers the other day.. I am also noticing about a 20 sec delay once MC opens up before it will alow you to do anything. it says not responding until it gets unstuck..think im going to have the IT guy uninstall and reinstall X6 MU2 and see what happens.