Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 - Probe tool path

RDEnright

oh yes, I saw this thread. just seemed to be more about the cost of things, rather than how they actually work. We are getting a new machine, and we will be starting with probing. I have the option of adding the probe cycles into my custom drill cycles @ $750 for 10 cycles (on top of the $500 for custom post) - or go with the upgrade that has the probe tool path - and still need the $500 custom post. I just finally got everything working again - my entire mcx system crapped out when I tried installing the x5 update - so I am really not interested in upgrading to x6 - unless the probe tool path is actually worth it? .....if anyone has used it?

I was speaking with the Renishaw rep regarding Productivity +, and was advised that the Productivity + "module" was released to MasterCAM/CNC Software, Inc (CS,I). It is now up to CS,I to merge the module into MasterCAM.

I am going with a standalone license of Productivity + from Renishaw. I hope that CS,I provides it at a low cost for those of on MasterCAM maintenance (read no extra cost). I also hope that there will be world peace.

Chazsani

It is a good product for the getting into probing. If you want to harness it to its full potential you might want to look at getting Verisurf added to your seat. Verisurf has the ability to interface with the machine tool. What does that mean, well imagine you probe a part on the machine and the probe points show up on your model, read the tolerance from the model and then show you the feedback inside of the Mastercam program you just machined and probed? Imagine using Verisurf's free Ipod, IPhone, Ipad or Droid Mobile 3DGage with that and see the quality back to that device while the machine is probing your part showing you the exact tolerance real time as the machine probes the part? Renishaw's tool is part of the equation purchase Verisurf and really harness probing and see the process real time, make reports from that and feel confident you are getting the results your are looking for.

If you have a Droid device and want to check out Verisurf's free Mobile 3DGage go to the market and download it. It has a Demo mode. Here is Link: