Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain Questions

Hey guys,

My machines are DMC 125 U duoBlock with the iTNC530 control.

Last week, the operators had to preform a recovery on both machines and I believe that somehow a parameter got changed. Before the recovery, the machine would pull a tool from the tool chain and then put it back where it got it. If Tool 1 came from Pocket 1, the machine would put it back in Pocket 1 when doing a tool change.

Now, the machine will put the tool back in the pocket where it grabs the next tool from. If Tool 1 comes out of pocket 1, and then we pull Tool 2, the machine will put Tool 1 in Pocket 2. This is going to eventually lead to a crash and I want to put it back to how it was.

I want the tools to go back into the pocket they came from.

Do any of you guys know how to fix this??

Thanks.

There are two passcodes to get to these depending on the machine installer....some set theirs differently to others so that the whole world doesnt just pass the same codes around.

One passcode lets you into the machining parameters which allows you to change speed/feed characteristics...tolerances on geometry etc.... and the other lets you into the machine's parameters which are the on/off switchs to different areas and parts of the machine.... solonoids, boards, etc

Sounds like you may have loaded the parameters of one machine into the other and allthough the initial software will still remember where your tools are ....setting and loading them up manually can be a PITA

The parameter you are looking for should be MP7480 I believe. MP7480.x is probably a 3 or 4, whereas it needs to be a 1 or 2. I am not 100 percent on this, but I do believe it is called "fixed and variable pocket coding". Heidenhain should be able to point you in the right direction.

You just need to match the tool numbers to the pocket numbers in the pocket table and set all the pockets to fixed,only take a couple of minutes you do not need to call DMG. Tool Table-Pocket Table-match the first two columns (tool # and pocket #) and then activate the fourth column (F) for each tool.

This is how we do it, could be changed by an operater though so maybe a parameter lock is better.

You just need to match the tool numbers to the pocket numbers in the pocket table and set all the pockets to fixed,only take a couple of minutes you do not need to call DMG. Tool Table-Pocket Table-match the first two columns (tool # and pocket #) and then activate the fourth column (F) for each tool.

We never had to do this before. We would simply load the tools and they would automatically be fixed to the pocket in the chain. I could do it this way to make it work, but would like to be able to assign a pocket and have it fixed automatically.

• 3 weeks later...

No, don’t change from variable pocket coding.

Keep it!! It’s a big time and money saver especially in a single parts shop.

No more renumbering tools in MC for every job.

No more limit to only 30 toolnumber.

No more toolnumbersharing among tools with a huge risk of mistakes.

Faster toolchange and chip to chip time.

Possibility for unique toolnumbers for all tools ever used in that machine or even in whole shop. For me its 250 tools.

Heidenhain always know in witch pocket your tool is, never fails.

That open up for faster programming with imported operations that always has right toolnumber or FBMdrill with a toolllibrary with right Tnumbers. Those programs are producing in only seconds from when you started programing in MC.

Old programs or your workmates program from other machines are easy started again with right toolnumbers.

When programming a tool not in pocket the machine will always change to tool 0 and then it’s for you to put missing tool in the spindle and press start again, after job done Machine stops and wait for you to remove the tool. Then program goes on with the other tools to the end of program.

You are into exception in the toolllist and its there for example if you have a very wide tool that takes up more than one place, the neighbor pocket must be free and tool must be assigned to that place only. You are not supposed to make them all exceptions.

Please read "Mazak tool numbering question" thread here nearby about people wanting these possibilities you see as a problem.

Good luck.

/frostfritt