Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Changing the feedrate is causing toolpaths to go dirty again!! :wallbash: Does this whether you change it in the toolpath parameters or "edit common parameters". And, it will take forever to regenerate the path.

The "recalculate values" button is still half broken as it was in X5MU1. It will not recalculate values unless you open the "cut parameters" window and then go BACK to the "tool" window.

What is with the screen blanking for a few seconds when changing geometry to a new level?

Started using stock model. Why does it take so damn long to calculate?! I verified the toolpath and saved the stock as an .stl years faster than waiting for the stock model to calculate. What a joke!!

Coolant in the operations manager is off when it is actually on. Did anyone notice it doesn't work properly with X-Style coolant?

How the hell can this crap get past the quality dept. again?! :realmad:

Sorry bout the rant, but this stupid sh@% is getting old! :rant:

• Like 5

Changing the feedrate is causing toolpaths to go dirty again!! :wallbash: Does this whether you change it in the toolpath parameters or "edit common parameters". And, it will take forever to regenerate the path.

The "recalculate values" button is still half broken as it was in X5MU1. It will not recalculate values unless you open the "cut parameters" window and then go BACK to the "tool" window.

What is with the screen blanking for a few seconds when changing geometry to a new level?

Started using stock model. Why does it take so damn long to calculate?! I verified the toolpath and saved the stock as an .stl years faster than waiting for the stock model to calculate. What a joke!!

Coolant in the operations manager is off when it is actually on. Did anyone notice it doesn't work properly with X-Style coolant?

How the hell can this crap get past the quality dept. again?! :realmad:

Sorry bout the rant, but this stupid sh@% is getting old! :rant:

1. Changing feedrate causes dirty:

- yep on my end too

2. screen blanking

- yes, as well

3. Stock Model

Takes some time, I don't think it takes as long as verify for me, but depends on the part. I'm using a dual core 64-bit laptop, and it seems pretty fast. it also calculates on another core so for that its infinitely more useful that verify unless I have a bad gouge I don't see halfway through

4. Coolant

other threads have mentioned the same.

5. Rickster - Toolnumber

this appears to be fixed

Tool number being fixed?! Yeah right!! It's fixed alright! Change the tool number and ALL the paths go dirty!! :veryangry: It WILL ONLY change the tool number WITHOUT turning the toolpaths dirty if you use edit common parameters, check the tool selection box, right click on your desired tool and edit the tool. Any other method causes the paths to go dirty.

That's why it's so hard to fix. Different people do things in different ways, and if a problem is intermittent or dependent on doing things a specific way it's hard to reproduce. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. :)

BTW, for stock model speed you can always dial up the tolerance if you don't really need .001 stock resolution. Though I've been running it at .0005" and been fairly happy with it.

:thumbsup: i am starting to think that they need all these ways for workarounds

as one day something works and anther day it doesent. usually from

version to version, but occasionally happens also from day to day.

I had a really weird crash today sent it in by error report

and emailed it(the error messages and the file) to two different CNC reps.

Only one got back to me and could not recreate it.

I don't know why or what a pro/toolmaker error is but its the 2nd different time

i got one, this time I hit ok after the error then a c++ disreputable (sp) error came up,

then a mastercam unhandled exception, then the report sheet..

I tried it 4 times before i decided to try deleting the path and create a new one

which ended up being the solution

All i did was changed the total tolerance from .001" to .0005" on a pencil path.

Take a look at the real issues. We all have to make a living using this software. version after version the old bugs are there. They throw out (enhancements to stir up new customers) which to me is hiding behind the wall. I have been around a long time and have made a good living as a CNC programmer using Mastercam. There are some good people working there. Sad thing is, they have lost touch with us, for what ever reason. My company will be looking elsewhere for productivity instead of paying year after year for the same problems. There is already a few long time members of this forum that have moved to better software.

fed up in Michigan :wallbash:

• Like 4

Not to defend here, but I personally don't see the majority of the bugs that you guys see. But we're probably running more repeat than you (certainly programming less than you guys as a lot of you are full time), and as said otherwise, we're possibly doing things 'differently'.

That said, a lot of your beef is repeated time and again, and I really can't see why CNC doesn't address those issues. We have had some very big jumps in the last few releases with the toolpaths introduced, so perhaps it's time to take stock and 'stabilise' the software for the next release. It wouldn't hurt that's for sure.

Lastly, what's with the secrecy of bugs and bug fixes. We're all grown up here (well you have to get old, but not necesarilly grow up :D)and realise that nowt is perfect - heh route cause analysis anyone? Drop a small clanger at work and everyone knows about it, and what has been done to fix it. It's the environment we're all in.

The person that has never made a mistake has never made anything - so I really can't see the need for the secrecy.

I think the limited access (beta only?) forum previously suggested would really be a good thing, to air the bugs and fixes rather than the cloak and dagger secrecy.

Just my thoughts...

Tool number being fixed?! Yeah right!! It's fixed alright! Change the tool number and ALL the paths go dirty!! :veryangry: It WILL ONLY change the tool number WITHOUT turning the toolpaths dirty if you use edit common parameters, check the tool selection box, right click on your desired tool and edit the tool. Any other method causes the paths to go dirty.

Yeah right is what I'm saying. Are you using the 'latest' X6 download? I just opened a file with 10 toolpaths. Changed a tool number, clicked Update All Ops that use that tool. All the tool numbers changed and none of the paths are dirty. I just get the locking feedrate popup

I don't doubt what you're seeing, but it works fine for me so maybe there's a way to fix it for you.

Not to defend here, but I personally don't see the majority of the bugs that you guys see. But we're probably running more repeat than you (certainly programming less than you guys as a lot of you are full time), and as said otherwise, we're possibly doing things 'differently'.

That said, a lot of your beef is repeated time and again, and I really can't see why CNC doesn't address those issues. We have had some very big jumps in the last few releases with the toolpaths introduced, so perhaps it's time to take stock and 'stabilise' the software for the next release. It wouldn't hurt that's for sure.

Lastly, what's with the secrecy of bugs and bug fixes. We're all grown up here (well you have to get old, but not necesarilly grow up :D)and realise that nowt is perfect - heh route cause analysis anyone? Drop a small clanger at work and everyone knows about it, and what has been done to fix it. It's the environment we're all in.

The person that has never made a mistake has never made anything - so I really can't see the need for the secrecy.

I think the limited access (beta only?) forum previously suggested would really be a good thing, to air the bugs and fixes rather than the cloak and dagger secrecy.

Just my thoughts...

If someone screws something up and everyone hears - you like to know that he/she doesn't do it again right? Personally I don't see any harm in bug lists, or at least a list of what's been fixed with a release, and I don't know why this doesn't get done.

Are you using the 'latest' X6 download?

How about, instead of, relying on the FORUM for every maintenace customer to be aware of this,

The Resellers or CNC or whoever, send an EMAIL to them explaining the mix up

of the official release, so they wont waste valuable time and money.

I still have a minimum of "6" PITA bugs from X5 that I can only hope are fixed or

at minimum addressed in X6 or X6 MU, let alone all the issues it has all by its lonesome.

That would be a good start to an organized bug fix list or what ever

If someone screws something up and everyone hears - you like to know that he/she

doesn't do it again right? Personally I don't see any harm in bug lists, or at least a list of what's

been fixed with a release, and I don't know why this doesn't get done.

US common folk have 100% less pull the resellers like In-house.

So maybe you or you and your colleagues can convince CNC how this

will says us time and MONEY.

Email it to maintenance customers so Jon Bangsque3rs wont get a hold of

the lists or concerns and uses it against CNC so us Maintenance Customer suffer not having access to it.

The last week working with X6, the ops would go dirty when changing the feedrates or renumbering the tools. Suddenly, it works fine altering either of the values. I updated windows yesterday and again this morning. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

i ALL THE TIME HAVE SOME ISSUES i CAN NOT RECREATE

wHAT A WASTE OF TIME

I consider myself a power user.

Now put newbee in my situation he can easily scrap the part.

All this comes from not a stable core speaking with UNiX terms.

Everyone knows how to run Linux or unix with the bad core-

every strange things happens up to kernel panic.

Now what I think MC needs to rewrite the MC "kernel" and it will

give it stability and safety.

Not happens now .

4-5 issues a day is too much

3-5 times the program crash is too mush also

Do not tell me to use autobackup and so cause I do use

This is not the way good Cad-Cam must work .

Consider this if I will leave my workplace in one year

they will have some other program instead of MC

if the next releases will not become stable

BR