Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

This is the first file I created in X6. Some of the toolpaths were copied and altered. But like I said, it dirtied everything yesterday, then late afternoon I reopened the file and it worked fine. Today, I reopened the file and it still worked fine. Closed the part and reopened and now it goes dirty again when I make the tool number changes.

Changing the feedrate is causing toolpaths to go dirty again!! :wallbash: Does this whether you change it in the toolpath parameters or "edit common parameters". And, it will take forever to regenerate the path.

The "recalculate values" button is still half broken as it was in X5MU1. It will not recalculate values unless you open the "cut parameters" window and then go BACK to the "tool" window.

What is with the screen blanking for a few seconds when changing geometry to a new level?

Started using stock model. Why does it take so damn long to calculate?! I verified the toolpath and saved the stock as an .stl years faster than waiting for the stock model to calculate. What a joke!!

Coolant in the operations manager is off when it is actually on. Did anyone notice it doesn't work properly with X-Style coolant?

How the hell can this crap get past the quality dept. again?! :realmad:

Sorry bout the rant, but this stupid sh@% is getting old! :rant:

Shocking that the second release is full of bugs :thumbup: It's a shame that there are so many mastercam programmers that have only used mastercam and no other Cam systems to realize how bad this software is. This whole X6 situation is opening some eyes which is in need, because this should not be the number one software in shops.

• Like 2

This is the first file I created in X6. Some of the toolpaths were copied and altered. But like I said, it dirtied everything yesterday, then late afternoon I reopened the file and it worked fine. Today, I reopened the file and it still worked fine. Closed the part and reopened and now it goes dirty again when I make the tool number changes.

I tried a few different scenarios on my computer but I can't seem to break it, but I'll try a bit later/tomorrow. maybe we can find out what is causing it on your computer if you can keep a mental note of what might have changed.

3d Optirest not seeing stock above the part (have to use depth limits) and If there is open area in the middle of the part the Optirest toolpath cuts one depth of cut in one side and jumps to the other side to machine that same depth, this happens in every depth change so very very much air cutting is happening (I have the optimize cutting order checked)

Thanks Joe, your input is duly noted.... :unworthy:

Unfortunately, when paths dont generate, or crash from changing a tolerance,

your theories barely ever apply. ;)

Tyler, so many things are user/p.c. specific, that you many not

encounter it today, but give it time.

LOL. I'm just messing with you guys. :p

This is not the way good Cad-Cam must work .

Consider this if I will leave my workplace in one year

they will have some other program instead of MC

if the next releases will not become stable

BR

All that I can say, is that if another Cam company came in to our shop right now and could show us a system that had similar functionality with a fraction of the bugs, I dont think that our maintenance would be renewed.

Well said Neuro! I just had a talk with the general manager at our facility. Powermill may be in our future. I have used it briefly in the past and was impressed with the results. It may not totally replace Mastercam due to the lack of decent 2d and drilling paths in Powermill, but it may solve our issue with the bugs. I've been pretty quiet regarding my frustration with this software until this last release. The moment we slow down a bit, I'll be shopping around!

• Like 1

I dont really want to throw a bunch of system names around, but we have been looking too. Powermill is one of the systems that we have been looking at.

We looked at HSMWorks a while back and it looked very good for the easier work but we are not interested at all in a plugin to another system (solidworks).

What do you make Slix....popsicle sticks??

When Alex is Frustrated you KNOW things are going south!

That disputes most all other non sequential posts like the one above Mr. Peon ^ ^ ^ ;)

I have made 600 complex molds with MC, Now it takes me upwards of 50% longer to

make even easier ones due to issues. We all hear how much faster the new releases are, but

theoretically they are worse effiency wise, I thought X3 was the worst of them but X5 is my Achilles Heal now :wallbash:

We make exceptionally complex production parts here, usually with 100-500 operations, and if I were having 1/10th of the problems as some of you guys, I'd have moved on to a different software long ago.

If X6 had better graphics when selecting chains, tool holders stored with library tools, and better graphics during verification of 3D paths, I'd be in heaven.

Well since Peon didn't mention what toolpath was going dirty when changing the feedrate, I'm willing to bet its one of the newer toolpath (Opti-rest maybe?). Seems that most of the attention to new toolpaths is to get them in as soon as there stable so folks can start to use them. Changing settings and not marking the operation dirty tends to "slip through the cracks" with new features.

Keep in mind that if the toolpath is from an older version that the toolpath could be marked dirty just by going into the parameters and getting out. Changes to that toolpath code will cause this to happen the first time you go into that toolpath.

With the addition of the Dynamic and Opiti toolpaths the calculation time does take longer, which makes it hurt more when you have to make a regen for one line of nc code. The motion however is worth the wait. When you do happen to find an instance where the operation getting marked dirty for feeds, toolnumbers, Misc ops setting send it to Qc so it will get looked at.

I don't use it enough to know if the problem is with me or the system, so I just keep stumbling along happily. At the end of the day I get the part made and I'm happy to not be writing code by hand or using the tracer like the old days. I do always wait for the CD to come in the mail before I install any upgrade though, I figure that maybe they get some of it fixed before they mail it. ;)

:harhar: I have been using Mastercam for 20 years now. A few bugs here and there. Never has Mastercam not been able to make any part I have programmed. Quit beetchin and get back to work! :harhar:

This statement has always cracked me up. Of all of the other cad/cam systems that I use and have used, I have never heard anyone have to use the Mastercam cop-out phrase "Never has <enter system name here> not been able to make any part that I have programmed." I HAVE heard people defend BobCrap in this manner though.

Then again, Why would anyone have to defend their reasoning for using Cimatron. ;)

• Like 1