Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Joan Wanker is just slurping this topic up. She's got no life and CNC is the bane of her existance. I hear she's got a blog and is copying and pasting like mad. Oh, and peon, you should be proud, she "really respects you". LOL

Which four are fixed?! Every item I listed I've had grief with X6! One other thing Mark, you apparently didn't read my post. See my above quote "I've sent in enough files over the years, including that optirough destruction since the inception of that toolpath. I don't have the time to send files in all the time. The software should be rock solid before I install it."

Amen to that. I have better $hit to do than constantly send in files to QC, I need to get work done and when I am dicking around with sending files to QC I am not programming or getting parts out the door! Fix the software and make it more robust! The stability of Mastercam is a joke. FIX IT PLEASE so I don't have to go out and spend another $xx,xxx on a new, more stable CAM platform.

• Like 1

Tony, it's amazing that the few of us that worked there actually got along very well. They are still very good friends of mine. Normally with an ownership like that, everyone else would be at each others throats.

if the owners would of left i would probably still be there

all the guys on the floor were cool

Joan Wanker is just slurping this topic up. She's got no life and CNC is the bane of her existance. I hear she's got a blog and is copying and pasting like mad. Oh, and peon, you should be proud, she "really respects you". LOL

You know, I think this is a good thing. Maybe his rants put enough pressure on CNC that at some point making the platform more stable and bug free will be a higher priority. If there weren't so many damn bugs in Mastercam he wouldn't have much to write about, would he?

• Like 1

2d HST peel mill is also broken in X6. If you use WCS the peel mill toolpath goes over the lines you chained, it only work on top view!This actually forces me back using X5MU1..

i just tried this on the front plane and it worked

got more info on how to get it to mess up

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
Maybe his rants...

Way to feed the troll. You honestly think his rants carry more weight than other users' civil discourse to QC?

WOW, just wow.

• Like 1

You know, I think this is a good thing. Maybe his rants put enough pressure on CNC that at some point making the platform more stable and bug free will be a higher priority. If there weren't so many damn bugs in Mastercam he wouldn't have much to write about, would he?

I feel exactly this same way. If they want John to stop his negative posting then stop giving him so much to post about. I could care less if he copies and posts everything that I or anyone else say's about MC from here to his blog.

That being said, after his writing a bunch of lies about me on his blog I began to understand why everyone dislikes him so much and disregards his information. I cant imagine that anyone would consider him credible. Anything that he has said in the past that I might have agreed with I now question. He is not just a liar, but a blatant liar.

• Like 1

Way to feed the troll. You honestly think his rants carry more weight than other users' civil discourse to QC?

WOW, just wow.

His rants bring bad publicity to a system that is flawed. Whether that carries any weight or not, you decide. I would hate to have a product that was constantly being publicly mocked. Even by that xxxx bag.

Not everyone knows what an xxxx he is. ;) I just learned who he was and what he was about in the last year. Prior to that I had only seen some of his posts and articles around.

Way to feed the troll

I could care less about him. cut n paste all he wants. This is all about getting what our employers are paying for. And believe me I have made them aware of what there money is getting us. So far a way late usless release. Focus has been lost on the core functions of creating good code. I dont use the HST stuff much. I use mill/ turn and 5 axis, and barly anything usfull has been added to either one. In fact 5 axis tree functions has doubled my gramming time because of the parameter lag and the way the tree is layed out. It's more like a picker bush than a tree

• Like 1
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

All that being said, because there are so many users of the product, you're just going to have more issues arise. More magnifying glasses = more problems found. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying there are not bugs because that would be an outright lie, but I do have to have to kind of :headscratch: at alot of them. Case in point, IT people in their infinite wisdom lock the :censored: out of some people's work stations without considering any exceptions for software permissions, and every geek has their best way of locking :censored: down. So since there are probably a million or so (maybe more) MCSE's out there, let's just say to be conservative, let's jusy say that 3/4 of them do things the same way, that still leaves 250,000 different ways to :censored: it up. Again, I'm not saying there are not bugs in the software, just saying a lot of times it's somethign other than an issue with Mastercam. Trolls like Joan Wanker are not smart enough to know that. Joan's not even smart enough to know there's a difference between .187 and .1873 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

WOW, just wow.

Not really sure on that one, but I do know there have been tons of bugs when I started using Mastercam 5 years ago and there are about the same number of bugs now, so the civil discourse hasn't really accomplished much. If I was a prospective buyer of Mastercam I would be doing tons of web searches to try to learn more about the platform, much like I have to learn more about NX. If I were to stumble upon his blog it would definitely NOT go unnoticed and it could sway my purchase decision if it was a close race between platforms. So yes, I do think that would bother CNC software and motivate them to shut him up. I guarantee you that his blog is costing them customers so I do believe it carries some weight with CNC...

Now I am not a fan of his and I don't try to give him ammo, I just say it how I see it and if he sees usable info in there, oh well... I am not going to keep my mouth shut because he might use my words on his blog.

No Offense James, but not many care how you derail threads with your hard@n for

Jon Bangsque3rs. we have legitimate problems here stemming from X5 MU1

I don't go googling Jon and don't give a cr@p what he has to say.

I just want to make parts faster as right now with my X5 issues It takes me 25 to 50%

longer to make money, for my bosses because of bugs and issues.

If X6 can save me time even gain an hour or get back 10%, a day, avoiding the buggy new paths, then I'll use it.

Right now I need info, so do us a favor and please rant about your man jon in the off-topic untill

we get patches for these issues, or just start your own threads about him

BTW, my IT guy is not your typical IT dufus, he is brilliant and has my two pc with ZERO restrictions and

nothing that uses resources running on my two p.c.'s

Thanks!

Rick

Amen to that. I have better $hit to do than constantly send in files to QC, I need to get work done and when I am dicking around with sending files to QC I am not programming or getting parts out the door! Fix the software and make it more robust! The stability of Mastercam is a joke. FIX IT PLEASE so I don't have to go out and spend another $xx,xxx on a new, more stable CAM platform.

James read this and try to understand that I am in the exact same boat as Bob.

What I don't like about some 'outside perspective' is when he doesn't play fair in their criticisms. Just copying and pasting what you like to hear/read and ignoring anything else, and blocking all comments on the blog isn't free speech, which is what he complained about on this forum. And that's about all the mindshare I'll give that.

I would much rather hear, and people hear from you guys - guys that have been using the software for years, and that know how to use the software. Everyone has frustrating/high-pressure days, and some problems can be chalked up to that. I know I've cursed things up and down for not being easier when I didn't want to think about something.. but that's different than a function that used to be fine, not being fine anymore. You guys are busy, and sending a part in is a pain in the xxxx - but from a developer perspective, it's really hard to fix something, or even declare there's a problem without the offending program. That said, if you guys are too busy, maybe you can get a hold of a reseller to take a look at it, and then they can do the job of documenting and sending in the issue. I try to coordinate with our customers when they don't need their computer, so I can goto assist and dig into the problem while they work on something out. And then I'll detail the problem, and send it in to QC.

• Like 1