Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Apparently there have been a few bugs missed. ;)

I changed a z value in a roughing operation and it dirtied a transformed operation (as expected). I tried to re-run the transformed operation and it failed. Then I noticed that it dirtied two other "entire" tool path groups in a completely different machine group.

ACK!

This was an X5 file pulled in to X6.

I'm not really surprised they missed a lot of stuff. I'm sure they were trying to fix the big ones first. My biggest day to day problem is with the stability of tool/holders. It is still a disaster. I am working on documenting it better by screen recording an entire part so CNC can see what I am dealing with and hopefully fix/offer some assistance.

Mike

I dont think that this is something that was missed. I think that this might be something new. Edit: I mean from X5 to X6, not sure about X6 to X6 mu1. I no longer have X6 (non mu1) installed so I cant test it.

I have a roughing operation that was mirrored. I used "by geometry" rather than "nci"

The previous operations that went dirty are not linked to this operation in any way. when I tried to regen the transformed operation it flopped the wcs for the operations that were in the other machine group completely upside down. Look at both of my screen shots.

This is hilarious.

The screen shot on the right is proper, the one on the left is the flopped wcs.

I did just re-open the original file in X5 and was able to regen the mirrored operation without any problem.

• 4 months later...

Wow....I've been using Mcam since 3.11 and never upgraded since V9 !!!!! May be missing some of the new hs paths, but parts come out of the machines regularly and without a hitch

Now decided to look at the 'latest and greatest X6' and found this thread......too funny and very sad .......while playing with X6, I've watched some strange stuff happen on screen, but thought it was me!!

I did have some success with fbm (simple parts)

Need to keep my ear to the ground, cause I may be going to a new job with 8 - 10 cnc's and I'm expected to impress my Boss with X5...ouch?

Is there a fairly complete list of known/common bugs and possible work arounds (X5/X6)

Reading 39 pages of this is hard to do...and I've recently been experiencing disappearing toolpaths etc. on some very simple parts!!

Thx in advance

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Is there a fairly complete list of known/common bugs and possible work arounds (X5/X6)

Reading 39 pages of this is hard to do...and I've recently been experiencing disappearing toolpaths etc. on some very simple parts!!

Thx in advance

In a word, no.

"Disappearing toolpaths" is a little vague. Can you repeat it or is it seemingly random? Have you made ANY changes recently to your computer? New video card, new video card drivers, added RAM, installed new O/S Service Pack, etc...?

A little detail goes a LONG way when trying to trouble shoot issues.

• 1 month later...

You are mistaken about Volumill, CNC ended their partnership with them. Celeritive would have carried on if they had not terminated them. Instead they have had to develop the universal, don't know if it works or not, but I know that they did not want to end it and try to help anyone that had a seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible, when try to use macros in X6 64 bits W7, MC show this message:

Macros are unavailable

Due to UAC (User Access Control) restrictions, macros are not available on Vista and Windows 7 systems.

but it work fine in X5 and W7, the same pc, any idea about that.

Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed?

Yes, this the CNC answer

Miguel,

The problem with the old Marco manager is Windows will block it from running if the Windows UAC is left at it’s default setting. Most Anti-Virus applications also see and treat it is a threat. The technology behind is just to archaic, it was a carryover from pre v9 so it can’t even be re-worked so it had to be disabled on the newer OS’s. We hope to someday down the road look into creating a new more modern version if there’s enough interest in it.

Regards

CNC Software, Inc.

Quality Control Group

671 Old Post Road | Tolland | CT | 06084 | USA

Yes, this the CNC answer

Miguel,

The problem with the old Marco manager is Windows will block it from running if the Windows UAC is left at it’s default setting. Most Anti-Virus applications also see and treat it is a threat. The technology behind is just to archaic, it was a carryover from pre v9 so it can’t even be re-worked so it had to be disabled on the newer OS’s. We hope to someday down the road look into creating a new more modern version if there’s enough interest in it.

Regards

CNC Software, Inc.

Quality Control Group

671 Old Post Road | Tolland | CT | 06084 | USA

Thanks MES.