Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Didn't Gibbs get bought out by Cimatron... and isn't Cimatron barely treading water?

Cimatron have nearly gone bust and had to be bailed out by the Israeli government several times.

The Gibbs and Cimatron combined revenue is now less than what is was for Cimatron alone before they brought Gibbs.

They just made a $10 million payout to the share holders instead of putting it back into development which to me is just an absolute joke.

Shows what they think of their maintenance paying customers.

What a POS!!!

Yes, bloody awful system.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

@ Redeyzz... I've got a solid assembly that is smooth as silk in MC... Brings GibbSCAM to it'S knees on a serious workstation. I'd sy that's apretty serious, ummmm, shall we say GLICH. With te clamping and ateners it uld cually rash GibbSCAM! :o ROFLMAO!!!

Cool!

Now this thread is about Gibbscam, which at least has been offering full MTM for their customers since what, 6 years? What about their MachineWorks implementation - Bad eh??

The best software in the world is the one you know. I think that's why so many people stand for Mastercam or Pro/NC or Unigraphics or TopSolid or Gibbscam even when they have a bunch of problems, or even when they have a bunch of problems that are being ignored for years while the maintenance bill still being sent with SixSigma OTD.

Seriously, I doubt there's a thread named "Old bugs back again. Thanks alot Bill Gibbs" on GibbsCAM forum with over +45K views...

"Often we forget..."

Can anyone supply a link on the GibbsCam treading-water/financial-problems issue?

My owner has a buddy that has convinced him GibbsCam is the best and he's wanting to buy it for our new 5-Axis Gantry mill.

While I don't have a problem using and learning new software in general, I got a 30 day trial of GibbsCam and it didn't impress me one bit.

I kind of consider myself a power-user and GibbsCam didn't really offer me a way to set up the system the way I wanted... you really have to jump through the hoops of the system, while MasterCam allows me to tweak just about anything I can dream up.

Anyway, a link on GibbsCam financial problems would lend weight to my side to show my owner.

Can anyone supply a link on the GibbsCam treading-water/financial-problems issue?

My owner has a buddy that has convinced him GibbsCam is the best and he's wanting to buy it for our new 5-Axis Gantry mill.

While I don't have a problem using and learning new software in general, I got a 30 day trial of GibbsCam and it didn't impress me one bit.

I kind of consider myself a power-user and GibbsCam didn't really offer me a way to set up the system the way I wanted... you really have to jump through the hoops of the system, while MasterCam allows me to tweak just about anything I can dream up.

Anyway, a link on GibbsCam financial problems would lend weight to my side to show my owner.

You can do the same in gibbscam. You just need to know were to look. In the advanced settings you can do anything you can in MC. The best part is it works with no glitches. It has fixture recognition in rendering. I still can't believe MC doesn't have this.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The rason you won't see a thread lke this in GibbSCAM's forrum because they alLow such a thing.

Fixture rcognition... BAHHHH! WTF gis t if he fixture brings your Rocket Sled of a SyStem to a crawl...

Just bringing it up cause it's relevant o the ole bug issue.

The rason you won't see a thread lke this in GibbSCAM's forrum because they alLow such a thing.

Fixture rcognition... BAHHHH! WTF gis t if he fixture brings your Rocket Sled of a SyStem to a crawl...

My crappy laptop handles large part files with multiple solid models, fixture clamps, ect...no problem, I tried to run verify on one single small impeller and mastercam took like 3 hours to verify. There is no comparison when it comes to solids or assemblies for that matter. I use both systems on a daily basis. I know people have preferences, but mastercam is so far behined in the solid world it's not even funny :thumbdown:

My crappy laptop handles large part files with multiple solid models, fixture clamps, ect...no problem, I tried to run verify on one single small impeller and mastercam took like 3 hours to verify. There is no comparison when it comes to solids or assemblies for that matter. I use both systems on a daily basis. I know people have preferences, but mastercam is so far behined in the solid world it's not even funny :thumbdown:

I forgot to mention I did the same impeller in gibbs with fixtures on the same crappy laptop out of curiosity. The toolpaths being generated were much faster and the verify which shows RAPID MOVES only took 20 minutes.

You should wait until noon to begin drinking. :whistle:

I use fixtures all the time in Gibbs, it does not slow anything down for me. You are right with the CS planes being convoluted though.Like I said there are goofy things in gibbs, but stil overall I prefer it, mostly because It runs solid and does not have hundreds of bugs. I ROFL at the circle boys and all the glitches they get everyday, I sit back and have my :coffee:.

You should wait until noon to begin drinking. :whistle:

I use fixtures all the time in Gibbs, it does not slow anything down for me. You are right with the CS planes being convoluted though.Like I said there are goofy things in gibbs, but stil overall I prefer it, mostly because It runs solid and does not have hundreds of bugs. I ROFL at the circle boys and all the glitches they get everyday, I sit back and have my :coffee:.

+1

And you should start contributing helping before you start criticizing... Daniel.

Your right. I haven't done much helping. Why do you have to get all personal and use my name? I'm not sure who you. It's apparent you know who I am.

I used Gibbs for 3 years before I even touched Mastercam and I hated every moment of it. I would take a buggy version of Mastercam over GibbSCAM any day! thumbsup.gif

That's ok. Everyone has there preference, my hole point is that is does what you tell it to do without any B.S. workarounds.

Gibbs -> no undercutting surfacing routines, at least according to the self described power user I "talked" with as he gave me an in depth demonstration of this software while I toured medical manufacturing facility...

Makes it useless in 80% of my applications...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A lot of other CAM software packages are exactly like Apple... "Our way or no way". Personally, I'll take some glitches here and there to get what I want and how I want to do it.

• Like 1

This is very true, and probably for ANY Cad/Cam forum. You have to give these guys credit for allowing our frustration to be heard publicly. I hope that they are listening and thinking about it finally.

I am not sure why this turned in to a Gibbs is good or bad conversation. There are plenty of lower end systems out there than have much better functionality in some areas and less in others.

The bugs on the other hand.