Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

Just sent one in to QC.

Using stk models........

If I backplot without stk model turned on, or verify, all looks good.

If I backplot the op with the stk model (ctrl click them both,then backplot) so I can visualize how much it cuts without going into verify, it over cuts by almost half the tool.

This is a very complicated contour op........

One line with perp lead in/out.

Waiting to see what QC says.

I got two little beauties this morning. I opened X6, went to file, open file.(MCX-5 file) Crash. 4 times. It will not open the file at all. Went Back to X5MU1. I'm going to have to stay at X5MU1 until XSomething gets fixed. I Thought that I could trust it(catch any problems) even with Vericut. Can't even get the file to open. So now what!! 16 Seats of Mastercam and maintanence paid in full. We need some help CNC.

post-28060-0-93843400-1326314649_thumb.jpg

post-28060-0-11699300-1326314658_thumb.jpg

Now and then it will crash when closing X6, using ramsaver and sometimes referencing a stock model when verifying. Always save twice before closing X6 in case it corrupts the file (haven't had a corrupt file in X6 yet, but just a precaution). You will at least have a backup in your shared MCX folder.

• Like 1

I got two little beauties this morning. I opened X6, went to file, open file.(MCX-5 file) Crash. 4 times. It will not open the file at all. Went Back to X5MU1. I'm going to have to stay at X5MU1 until XSomething gets fixed. I Thought that I could trust it(catch any problems) even with Vericut. Can't even get the file to open. So now what!! 16 Seats of Mastercam and maintanence paid in full. We need some help CNC.

You should probably send that file to QC if you can

Always save twice before closing X6 in case it corrupts the file (haven't had a corrupt file in X6 yet, but just a precaution). You will at least have a backup in your shared MCX folder.

I remember reading on here a while ago a problem with X5 not saving correctly when closing mastercam. So I always save, then click file new, and when that has loaded I then close mcam.

It's now part of my OCD :D

I got two little beauties this morning.

The first one is not new it happens in every version, its the old

'unhandled exception error' ... different new look...

The other was supposed to be resolved with the re- release of X 6.

Are you using the first or 2nd release?

I believe the date it came out was Dec 28th

Follow this link if you are using the initial dload or disc release

http://www.emasterca...showtopic=65612

regards

Rick

Do you guys know what is the worse part of all this?

Is to see that JB was right about X6 and the re-release of it.

How the guys from CNC managed to follow his guidelines to this mess, it's something we'll never know...

It doesnt take a genius to know that any initial release of a new version of Mastercam is going to be bug ridden. Just look at the track record. Name one release of the X series that has not had a xxxx load of issues. Some times even the MU is horrible but just enough gets fixed to shut us up.

I am not sure what you mean by following his guidelines to this mess? He had no idea that it was going to be pulled and re-released.

It doesnt take a genius to know that any initial release of a new version of Mastercam is going to be bug ridden.

No this is the worst part about all of this. Everyone knows the first release is going to have problems and it never changes. X5 was a really good initial release in my opinion I was hoping that would be the start of a trend but I was wrong. I really hope someone from CNC reads this type of stuff and takes it into consideration. The current users can do more for advertising than most anything else you do, if a potential customer were to come on this forum and read any of this do you think they would purchase Mastercam? I still tell people what Mastercam can do for them when they ask but it is getting a lot harder to keep doing that with every bug filled release. If they need more beta testers I have put in my name. The new features are great but they don't mean much when only half of them work. My only question is, is 1 year enough time for you to get all the features figured out for a new version or should it be on a two year development cycle instead?

The first one is not new it happens in every version, its the old

'unhandled exception error' ... different new look...

The other was supposed to be resolved with the re- release of X 6.

Are you using the first or 2nd release?

I believe the date it came out was Dec 28th

Follow this link if you are using the initial dload or disc release

http://www.emasterca...showtopic=65612

regards

Rick

Yes it is the latest version X6 V15.0.4.3

i DO NOT NEED NEW FEATURES

I need stable and safe Mc

That`s what I lack

I know what you mean, and for the most part I agree, but the stock models combined with Surface High Speed Rest Roughing have gotten me a bunch of brownie points with the boss. Admittedly there was a LOT of low hanging fruit in these programs, like air cutting, poor feeds and speeds, and multiple tools cutting the same feature, but I've been able to cut 75% off of most cycle times. I love those two features together.

I know what you mean, and for the most part I agree, but the stock models combined with Surface High Speed Rest Roughing have gotten me a bunch of brownie points with the boss. Admittedly there was a LOT of low hanging fruit in these programs, like air cutting, poor feeds and speeds, and multiple tools cutting the same feature, but I've been able to cut 75% off of most cycle times. I love those two features together.

Well unfortunately I had a solution that actually worked before they added these features in Volumill. It worked and it worked very good. Far better than what I am getting out of what we have now. I was stuck using stl files with Volumill but at least I knew that and knew that it worked. And worked without having to regenerate paths 500 times.

I had to regenerate about a dozen rest roughing routines about 8 times each today because they kept losing the stl files or going dirty because I changed a feed rate in a tool path (why do the paths dirty because of a feed rate change?) that was used to define the stock model. Once the path dirties, the stock model then dirties, then every single path that uses that stock model dirties and has to be regenerated.

They are on the right track but this is still bunk as far as I am concerned. It took me three hours to do 15 minutes worth of work today.

Now I know that I am make a huge deal out of this and that in another month of using these new features I will have found a work around or "path of least resistance" which will make me more efficient at working with these things. Mastercam will again have trained me to work around its short comings and I will forget that they ever existed. I am even now figuring out ways to disassociate my stock models from previous tool paths because once the path dirties and affects the stock model, there goes all of the work that relies on that stock model.

I am still using an older pc (hopefully that will be taken care of by next week) so these damn operations take FOREVER to regenerate. This includes the stock model itself.

Once these stock models work and the bugs are worked out, they are going to be very nice! Right now, they are definitely NOT winning any brownie points with my boss. When he sees me regenerating the same damn paths over and over hour after hour he begins to wonder what in the xxxx is going on.

At least the optirough crash bug is fixed. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

"Name one release of the X series that has not had a xxxx load of issues"

X2Mu2 Was as Solid as V9.1

I was talking about the initial release. X, X2, X3. No MU's.

And no, X2MR2-Sp1 was not rock solid. Although I cant compare to V9* because I refused to use V9* as I was using Cimatron at that time.

I had an a$$ load of issues with the operations manager in X2MR2sp1 which caused constant unhandled exception errors that would only get worse the larger the file got. I had some files with 400+ operations that were so unstable that you couldnt even click on an operation without crashing mastercam.

To date, the most stable and reliable version of Mastercam for me has been X5MU1. And it still had annoying bugs left over from back in X3. ;)

Well unfortunately I had a solution that actually worked before they added these features in Volumill. It worked and it worked very good. Far better than what I am getting out of what we have now. I was stuck using stl files with Volumill but at least I knew that and knew that it worked. And worked without having to regenerate paths 500 times.................

Neuro. How did you disassociate the toolpaths from the stock model?

I've been running the stock model in verfiy, saving the STL and bringing that back in as another stock model

for subsequent rest roughing ops.... the downside is it breaks the associativty of the stock model to its driving

operations,..... the upside is it breaks the associativty of the stock model to its driving operations :rolleyes:

The associativty would be very nice... but doing it this way prevents the stock model and its driving operations

from going dirty every time you sneeze