Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting NC file... Overwrite not checked but...

Mick

I've just encountered this..

Posting a NC file in X6. I have Overwrite unchecked/Ask checked. It prompts me for a filename, but doesn't ask me if I want to overwrite an existing file (which I had previously posted). It works fine in X5. Has anyone else encountered this?

I was noticing this last week as well. I have the latest version on Windows 7. In the Mastercam control panel applet, user interface, see if the "File dialog style" is set to "Mastercam X style". Mine was so I tried the "Microsoft Windows standard" setting, and now it prompts me to overwrite my file.

Weird, my sytem is set to "mastercam syle" and I'm having no problems..

If you're running X6x64 and have X5 or earlier installed, you have 2 Mastercam applets

in the control panel now, an x64 version of X6x64 and an x32 version for all the rest.

I have the current version installed, and I have been having the same issue.

I have the latest version also and mcam has been doing this for me.

I was noticing this last week as well. I have the latest version on Windows 7. In the Mastercam control panel applet, user interface, see if the "File dialog style" is set to "Mastercam X style". Mine was so I tried the "Microsoft Windows standard" setting, and now it prompts me to overwrite my file.

I'll try this and see if it works.

edit:

I made that change and it works correctly now. Thank you, gschlen.

The key to look for is that in the "Mastercam X style" the filename DOES NOT include the ".nc" extension. Because of this it is not prompting for the overwrite. The same thing happens in the config file with the "Improper filename" error that some have encountered.

I've checked two other Win 7 64 bit computers here with only X6 installed and found the same problem with the "Mastercam X style". Changed the setting to "Microsoft Windows standard" and I get asked to overwrite the file.

spade117,

It's in your computers control panel labeled mastercam x. Also in the all programs menu under mastercam X6.