Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 posting code wil not ask to overwrite file

Thee Rickster ™

Can not get it to ask me to overwrite the existing cutter path file

when posting. the box that pops up it is exactly the same as x5

anybody have a solution, i like the ask feature incase something is type wrong.

And the NC data path I put in my control def switched back to default

1 day after install?????

oh well

Ay help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rick

I figured it out! but no solution..... :wallbash:

Look at the file name. the one on the left is X6 and it does not put the .ncc after the name

Iff I type it in manually then it ask me if I want too over write it.(i really dont want to have to type it in manually every single time)

Does any one know a way to fix this. It is also set as (.NCC) in my control def?

askboth_2.png

Thanks in advance

Rick

I figured it out! but no solution..... :wallbash:

Look at the file name. the one on the left is X6 and it does not put the .ncc after the name

Iff I type it in manually then it ask me if I want too over write it.(i really dont want to have to type it in manually every single time)

Does any one know a way to fix this. It is also set as (.NCC) in my control def?

askboth_2.png

Thanks in advance

Rick

It sounds like to me your control definition did not get setup properly after updating. Whenever you update from a previous version, I must ALWAYS reconfigure all the control def. settings manually.

• 3 weeks later...

With the release of X+ I finally was able to move into X6. As well I am having the same issue not asking to overwrite the NC file. I switch the applet to windows style and it started asking. HOWEVER, I lost the ability to open a tool holder library. Switched back to mastercam x style and tool holder library now opens.

Just an FYI for those who may be experiencing the same issue.