Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

THE NEW UMC-750 Universal 5-axis Machine

There are plenty of table/table designs that have no support. Small second rotary or 5C setups usually. I think it was just hoping and shooting from the hip rather than in depth engineering.

I have a minimill and I see several things wrong with it, big things like tool changer position that they did change in subsequent models. Try to change the coolant in a mini. real nice Gene.

^^^^let's not even talk about a Tool Room lathe where the cross slide has some sort of felt 'seal' that actually acts as a coolant conduit which drains directly to the floor. the backsplash that looks very functional in the catalog; it serves no purpose other than to direct anything that hits it directly to the floor.

some of these littler machines may be called FIAT: Fix It Again Tony.

Haas' comical/sad lack of design prowess notwithstanding, their ability to assemble and ship main-line (VFs) machines in the USA should be respected. they run a tight ship and have been rewarded with bigtime market success. so bigger picture: if not for Haas we all would be paying much much more for our Mori's Mazaks, DMGs et al. there business model has parallels to the US military production during WWII; overwhelm them with numbers. :unworthy:

as far as the minimill that was an exercise in bringing a machine to market at an unheard of price. compromises and mistakes were made i see.

the big three automakers engaged in a similar business plan; save money on development, get a product to market fast and fix the problems as they arise on production line. really gave our auto industry a black eye.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guys, you have to remember that Haas is not meant for every application or every market segment. The old addage "you get what you pay for" is in full effect. Do not expect FANUC/Seimens/Heidenhein functionality on a Haas. Just don't. There is a reaosn they are at the pricepont they are. Don't read this as a dig. Keeping prices at any given level requires certain sacrifices otherwise they would all machine tools would be Mitsui-Seiki, Matsuura, DMG, Toyoda, Makino, etc...

Just keep that in mind when you get all excited about a "budget" 5-Axis machine.

Guys, you have to remember that Haas is not meant for every application or every market segment. The old addage "you get what you pay for" is in full effect. Do not expect FANUC/Seimens/Heidenhein functionality on a Haas. Just don't. There is a reaosn they are at the pricepont they are. Don't read this as a dig. Keeping prices at any given level requires certain sacrifices otherwise they would all machine tools would be Mitsui-Seiki, Matsuura, DMG, Toyoda, Makino, etc...

Just keep that in mind when you get all excited about a "budget" 5-Axis machine.

Did you leave Okuma out of your list because they are on a higher level all by themselves? ;)

• Like 2
  • 4 years later...

can some one get me a little in sight here.

did a mmd and post get made for this machine?

does cnc systems have it? (the mother company)

if i go threw my deal do they get the one all done and proved out? or do they build a new with is a waste of time if one is done.

thank you

can some one get me a little in sight here.

did a mmd and post get made for this machine?

does cnc systems have it? (the mother company)

if i go threw my deal do they get the one all done and proved out? or do they build a new with is a waste of time if one is done.

thank you

Typically, unless you can work out a 5 axis post, there is going to be a charge for it....

Most every post developer starts with something they have as a template.....go to IHS, Postability and others, they generally use their own starting format

I understand i have to pay for i never expected not to. my question now is where do i get it? the dealer is telling me he has to build one. my question is why if mastercam has it?

Because they handle their own....at this point, I do not know if CNC has one, so I can't help there

so now i am completely confused. why wouldn't the dealer know this? i also see the have another control we had a hard time with that is offered.

Some Resellers use their own person that works for the Reseller. Others have agreements in place with a 3rd party post developer.

Try contacting '[email protected]' and telling them you want to purchase a copy of the Haas OEM post for the UMC-750. Then let your Reseller know that you want the OEM post from CNC.

• Like 1

so now i am completely confused. why wouldn't the dealer know this? i also see the have another control we had a hard time with that is offered.

I'm going to throw a little logic in there... Of course, your dealer may want to "develop their own". Is there an off the shelf post processor from CNC Software for the UMC750? Of course... and, like a post processor for a third party developer, there is a typically a cost for multiaxis post processors.

Most CAM software providers have a number of certified off the shelf post processors for various makes and models of machine tools. Some choose to provide basic posts free of charge, and attribute a cost to more complex posts.