bigprody

tool and matl libraries

6 posts in this topic

What is the best way to handle having multiple programmers at multiple stations working out of the same tool, matl, and operation directories?

Kevin

How do you mean? Using a server for the "shop's" libraries, or keeping it on individual workstations?

Using a server, it seems that when we change our defaults to the server, MC allways finds its way back to the orignal directories.

your defaults in the control defs have to be changed thru the machine defs or they will not stick. tool libraries & material libraries data paths have to be changed in the general machine parameters thru the machine defs. when saving use the file save icon ( top left ) first before pushing the green check button.

I am currently using shared working directories for machine definitions and tool libraries, but I want to use my own default tool path settings. I can't figure out which setting actually changes this and lets me use my own settings, since the default ones we are using always have things to be changed everytime the default file a read only... :-/

So, can I keep the same machine definitions and everything as them, but pull my tool path defaults from my own file? And how?

When moving files to a server I always remove the local versions.

Generally I zip them up in place and delete the files.

In this way, it can't run home.