Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam in Solidworks Quirks\bugs\challenges

Gecko779

Running latest version of Mcam in solidworksfound 2 issues, not sure if i'm approaching it correctly

1. I cannot rename any of my operation in the tree. I tried clicking on the op name twice and nothing happens. I do have the comments enabled in the display menu

2. Trying to contour around a dia and i can't get the entry point to be in one of the holes. I tried adding an entry point and you can see the results below. I also tried changing the start point in the chain manager, and i tried selecting edges, surfaces, and sketches to no avail.

thanks

post-22842-0-94631200-1334092527_thumb.jpg

Hey Gecko,

1.) You are correct the slow double click isn't opening the renaming field. I'm surprised no one stumbled into this prior. Either way I logged it now as cnc00107567

2.) in the toolpath parameters, click on "Lead In/Out", place a check next to "Use entry point" and "Use point Depth" if needed, then adjust the lead in/out parameters as needed or zero them out. See attached sample

Hope this helps

post-7542-0-14516000-1334164686_thumb.jpg

Hey Gecko,

1.) You are correct the slow double click isn't opening the renaming field. I'm surprised no one stumbled into this prior. Either way I logged it now as cnc00107567

2.) in the toolpath parameters, click on "Lead In/Out", place a check next to "Use entry point" and "Use point Depth" if needed, then adjust the lead in/out parameters as needed or zero them out. See attached sample

Hope this helps

Ryan you for got the attached Sample.:clap:

Hi Ryan,

Also noticed that the Del key does not work on the op manager

Rgds.

That is correct. We for the most part can not automatically assign hot keys do to possible conflicts with SW functions. For example F9 in Mastercam displays and hides the cross hairs but in SolidWorks F9 opens and closes the Feature Manager. This is also why you can not click "S" to step in backplot. "S" is already assigned by default to the SW shortcut bar. You can however assign many MCfSW functions to keys in SW by selecting "Tools", "Customize", "Keyboard".....no image attached! :-)