Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G43.4 TCP on Makino

austing

We have several Makino Mag 1 machines as well as Several Makino D500 (trunion) machines. We are going to be changing all of our programs over to use G43.4 instead of G43.

When trying to rotate the machine around to another plane and cut on that plane the only way I am getting "control" over my tool is to do a 5 axis curve or swarf path that moves the machine how I want. Are there any better ways to do this. Point tool paths don't get me the motion that we are looking for.

Any help is appreciated as always.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I use point toolpaths as well and create planes for the positioning I want, and as long as the planes have the same origin point, things won't get all weird on you... at least that's how my post works.

Austin, You can ask Charlie P, JD, MIke E ,Kevin B, Brian M or Scott B about this..........J/K :welcome: .

Best way i think is figure out how to flipping between tool tip mode and invert feed mode before and after transition moves.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm guessing HT is Hieu? LOL

We post thru ICAM outside of Mastercam and our post needs some work I think. It doesn't recognize the WCS and tool planes on a horizontal the same way that Mastercam "wants" to see them. I agree point tool paths is easier if the post will recognize the rotations you are looking for thru a tool plane change.

Consider the only thing an outside post takes into consideration is the code in the NCI.

Translation of the 1027 line(which should be the t-plane I believe) of the NCI code into aptsource should either do a matrix translation of your XYZIJK or output a tracut of some type into the aptsource assuming your WCS is actually set the same as the machine X, Y, and Z axes and the t-plane is defined relative to the WCS axes with the same origin point as James said.

I always played it safe and output a max feed typically with curve 5-axis like you are doing if it was more than about a 45 degree transition, as I was not sure how the head of the Mag3 would position at rapid. Does the TCP control the tip of the tool in rapid accurately?

There is also a command in ICAM called INDPOS that retracts to a predefined position (manual entry) when the post sees a rotation in rapid. I personnaly work on Catia now but we have common posts for Catia an MC that works well. What's nice in Catia too is that you can have your transition moves in G1 to make sure the tool follows exactly the expected path (sometimes in rapid axis are not synchronised). HTH!

JS