Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What you expect from X7 ?

mig

I would also like this!

It would be nice If I could just move the t/p and have the z values locked in place. ;) That way when I define the new tombstone size and new centerline (i program c/l of rotation) I could just do a regen and be done with it.

I would imagine that is just asking too much. <grin>

Ive tried to learn to program using all incremental z but some times I want to see the Z values. Also, quite a few of the surfacing tool paths do not have an absolute/incremental switch for "use z depths" so it leaves you screwed for those paths anyway.

I'd still like to see SW style sectional views.

Also, If you could have more than one drawing open at a time, you know, sort of like every other Cad/Cam program on earth.

Usually, when X6 crashes, I get up and go get a cup of coffee. But now I'm getting to where I'm wide awake all night from all the cafine. If they could maybe cut the random crashes and lockups in half, I'd be OK

• Like 1

I would like to see back plotting in mastercam editor so I could see the actual output of certain mill/turn toolpaths. Verify tests the veracity of your input, but a good backplot shows what your g-code is telling the machine to do. We have found by trial and error toolpaths we can trust, but no operator wants

software generated scrap on his file when reviews come around. The toolpaths we avoid are the Hi speed milling paths when making contour roughing and finishing cuts in lathes with live tooling.

I would like to see back plotting in mastercam editor

Mastercam comes with CimcoEdit Lite..

The full version comes with an outstanding gcode backplotter.. and Cimco gives

Mastercam users a substantial discount.

http://www.cimco.com/product_edit_description.php3

Download it and give it a try it will run for a 30 day trial period with no llicense required

We have Cimco full, but it doesn't show the errors we get. It doesn't recognize (x,c) moves that take the place of y.

Most of our problems are on 1 of a kind Mold parts and time is a big factor so our operators lean towards old proven methods.

Also Cimco full is a per seat license and when a copy of Mcam is defaulted to Cimco it usually grabs a seat of full. I know there are work arounds, just was looking for an alternative that read the output I mentioned and showed the error. Maybe I'll look at varicut. Tight times , so maybe I'm day dreaming.

I would like:

1. Correct interpretation of coolant commands. In the toolpath manager shows the coolant off regardless of the coolant commands in the tool or operation settings. I'm using simultaneously flood and thru spindle most of the time. The post is ok, however the setup sheet shows coolant OFF (Active Reports). The XML created by Mastercam shows OFF. It is critical that the operator use the right tool holder, and actually checks if the coolant goes thru spindle.
  2. When is a new version to be installed to have "use all previous settings", not to go thru all the painful installation process.

I'd still like to see SW style sectional views.

Yes! This would be a really handy feature! I LOVE the ability that you have in verify to trim your part and get a good look at Operations that are not External. Perhaps this would be even better if you could do it for milling before verify rather than just afterwards?

Section views would be awesome! Mastercam is a CAM product tho not a CAD so i can see that this will not and should not be on the top of they're to do list!

• 4 weeks later...

MWR15 - I just hid your post because of the negativity. I get that you're disappointed but maybe you can be a bit more constructive your post? Feel free to post where you feel X6 let you down compared to X5

Ok Tyler. Simple we program a part using X5 with no problem's. Update to X6 with same part that generates toolpath's in X5 and it will not generate in X6!!! Your company's solution is to update to X7. Why would a company take a risk on updating to your newer version when your previuos version (X6) DOESN'T PERFORM? Seem's to me it's a waste to pay maintenance fee's to be able to have newer version's that don't work. In the real world it's all about turn around time to customer's and they could care less we have faulty software.

could you provide a sample

No. Because one of there inside tech guy's has already seen the problem first hand. The tool path generation problem was in OptiRough. There solution is to update to X7 and keep paying $xxxx a year in maintenance fee's.

Ok Tyler. Simple we program a part using X5 with no problem's. Update to X6 with same part that generates toolpath's in X5 and it will not generate in X6!!! Your company's solution is to update to X7. Why would a company take a risk on updating to your newer version when your previuos version (X6) DOESN'T PERFORM? Seem's to me it's a waste to pay maintenance fee's to be able to have newer version's that don't work. In the real world it's all about turn around time to customer's and they could care less we have faulty software.

thats why I ended up cancelling our maint.

MWR - Have you tried it in X7, or followed up with the bug # through your reseller or Tom? If that bug was discovered after X6 was past it's last update release (MU2), all fixes go to the next version, so it would be logical that the solution may be to update to X7 if the bug was fixed for that...