Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

y axis over travel

Millertime

Can you guys take a look at this code and tell me if you see somthing wrong with the code.I can dry run this program on another machine and I will not get a y over travel alarm.My part is set up on center of the travel.Travel on machine is 20.00 in y.The attached file is a portion of a 12hr program that runs lights out.Came in this morning and y over travel alarm with tool#8 in spindle.The machine is a Haas vm2.

post-23874-0-49809500-1338135918_thumb.png

Can you guys take a look at this code and tell me if you see somthing wrong with the code.I can dry run this program on another machine and I will not get a y over travel alarm.My part is set up on center of the travel.Travel on machine is 20.00 in y.The attached file is a portion of a 12hr program that runs lights out.Came in this morning and y over travel alarm with tool#8 in spindle.The machine is a Haas vm2.

Is it your G55?

Millertime,

check your Y axis limit switch it might have coolant in it or a loose wire.

I had this same condition about 3 weeks ago. had to replace the X axis

micro switch under the table.

Just a thought.

This.

Pull those way covers back and check that switch out. It may even be as simple as some chips have worked their way over to that swtich and causing it to trigger.

If you can physically jog the table to the limits, which I think you can since it sounds like the machine alarmed out before even running the code for that tool, as opposed to hitting a limit switch mid cut, I am going to guess that there is a cutter comp being applied that puts it over the limits. Or perhaps a cutter comp that was never canceled.

If you can physically jog the table to the limits, which I think you can since it sounds like the machine alarmed out before even running the code for that tool, as opposed to hitting a limit switch mid cut, I am going to guess that there is a cutter comp being applied that puts it over the limits. Or perhaps a cutter comp that was never canceled.

I edited my program after the m01 before tool 8 and program ran with no issue.