Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post to metric

Chris Rizzo

My file is all in inch. How can I get EVERYTHING to post in metric without converting the file to metric? Also, when you convert to metric it doesn't post feedrates in mm/min, if the tool is toggled to inch. :(

This editor from suburban machinery does a slick job at converting everything to metric, but it's a extra step. You post in english, then the editor does the conversion. Works though. I'm not at my pc with the full cimco edit, does that have some sort of similar feature?

does Cimco Edit Pro that have some sort of similar feature?

Yes it does,

Can you not just change to metric in the config? It should ask to scale your part! I've never had a problem doing this and feeds automatically change.

That would be nice, it does scale the geometry but does not change parameters like stepover, depth of cuts etc... Unless I missing the magic button :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

In CAMplete, if I programmed my part in inch, I can convert it to metric with a few mouseclicks.

:coffee:

:D

@Greg Williams, DO NOT BET they have been working on it. Remember how long it took to get multi-core processing? That was close to 15 years. Maybe even 20. I requested it back in V6.1 days... when I was running a Dual Pentium Pro 200 MHz... w/ 8MB RAM and a 2 MB Matrox G200 (IIRC) Video card on Windows NT...

:rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

Do you need to convert your cutters to metric  as well? Or will it use the inch tools in the tool table to cut the metric numbers? I have a complete giant build with drawings and toolpaths. I need it all to convert over, not just the drawings.