Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drill Point Sort - Defaults?

Yes, you can change that in the operation defaults. Select files, operation defaults, navigate to the drill toolpath, on the toolpath type page select point geometry, right mouse click in the drill point manager and select sort options. Choose the sorting style you want as your default, then select ok and choose the save icon.

Thanks Jon!

Scott

I havent seen a setting where you can turn it off. But a reminder window pops up telling me that sorting is off, the default I believe. Yet the holes do not get drilled in the order I selected them in.

Try selecting arc center points instead of just the arcs.

(it is a habit of mine when selecting drill points to hit the "C" key just before selecting each arc)

How do you make default the order that you select? Seem like it always drills in some random pattern after I select an order that I dont have to retract over a clamp or obsticle.

When the drill point selection window comes up go to the sorting button first and make sure all of the sorting buttons are turned off. If one of them is on just click on it to turn it off. Then pick your point locations and it will follow your picking order.

BTW the above method works only if you are picking points or the center points of an arc. It does not work if you have the selection manager set to "entities". What I do is leave it set to "points" (the white arrow head button), then use the autocursor overide drop down arrow and right click on "arc center" to lock it into that mode, then pick your circles.