Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Extended offsets for Toyoda/Fanuc 16i

Nathan G. Baldwin

I'm programming a Toyoda FA450III Horizontal with a Fanuc 16i and need to go beyond standard work offsets. can anyone answer a few questions? I've waited a week for Toyoda to call me back.

1. what's the best base to use for my post? does MPFAN support extended work offsets?

2. Can anyone show me how to set the values and call them from within the program? My toyoda manual doesn't provide ANY programming examples.

3. How can I tell if I have access to extended offsets? all I can change from the offsets screen is G54-59, and as I understand it, the extended offsets are optional...

4. If I don't have them, can I change the values of standard offsets (g54 - g59) within the program?

Big thanks in advance.

in mpfan typing in 54-59 outputs a g54-g59, entering a 1-48 outputs a g54.1p1-g54.1 p48, also theres a misc value to be set as well cant remember off the top of my head , goto that page in the tool path window its pretty self explanitory, i think is misc value #1 and you set it to a value of 2

as far the machine goes just look at the work offset page if there a p1-p48 listed beyond the g54-g59 then you have the extended work offsets

as fas programming seems you are already using the 54-59 just type in a g54.1 p1 instead of a g54, this would call extended work offset "p1"

and fyi if you type in a G54 or a G54.1 with a "P" its using the extended work offset denoted by the p value

if you do not have the extended you could always use the g10 code to change the 54-59 thru the program then youll have basically unlimited work offsets

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm programming a Toyoda FA450III Horizontal with a Fanuc 16i and need to go beyond standard work offsets. can anyone answer a few questions? I've waited a week for Toyoda to call me back.

1. what's the best base to use for my post? does MPFAN support extended work offsets?

2. Can anyone show me how to set the values and call them from within the program? My toyoda manual doesn't provide ANY programming examples.

3. How can I tell if I have access to extended offsets? all I can change from the offsets screen is G54-59, and as I understand it, the extended offsets are optional...

4. If I don't have them, can I change the values of standard offsets (g54 - g59) within the program?

Big thanks in advance.

1) MPMaster is where I always start but MPFan will support extended offsets.

2a) In the WCS, for offset, you'll usually see a "-1". CHange -1 to 0 and it will force G54, 1 forces G55, 2 forces G56, etc... 6 forces G54.1P1, 7 forces P2, etc...

2b) Writing to work offsets is a breeze

G90G10L2P1X00.0000Y00.0000Z00.0000B00.0000 (Writes to G54)

G90G10L2P2X00.0000Y00.0000Z00.0000B00.0000 (Writes to G55)

G90G10L20P1X00.0000Y00.0000Z00.0000B00.0000 (Writes to G54.1P1)

G90G10L20P2X00.0000Y00.0000Z00.0000B00.0000 (Writes to G54.1P2)

G11(Finishes writing ot offsets - USE THIS - )

3) Go to the Offset/Settings page. Page up/down and you should see it go from G59 to G54.1P1, etc...

4) Yes you can re-use them in the program. Be very careful, but yes you can. WHen you've used up G54-59 and you're ready to re-use G54, you'll need to issue a G10 line to re-write the offset. As a word of caution I would have my program in sections and if I needed to doa restart, I would go to the section where I set my work ofsets, then continue where I want to start. As always, use caution.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I think the most I've ever used was 30. But I spaced them out, P11 was 1st column, 1st position, P12 was 1st column 2nd position, P21 was 2nd column, 1st position, etc... was nice. Obviously I could have made 6 offsets work, but it would have been a bigger headache. I try to make things as logical as possible so it's easy to follow for whoever comes after me.