Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling Incrementally

jagg2499

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A couple of things, when selecting the hole depths, make sure you pick the bottom of your hole as the positions (either by point or by arc - makes no difference), next If the top of the holes are all at the same Z position, then set top of stock to the absolute position, if not, you'll need to select an incremental value that will cover all the holes. Your retract needs to be set high enough so as to clear any possible collisions and clearance can be set either to only at start and end or everywhere. Just make sure everythign clears.

HTH

I have the top of the holes selected not the bottom but my hole depths are all the same from the point selected, my concern is I am drilling .03 holes .125 deep and with the contour I have to have my retract set at an inch to clear the part and was looking for a way not to drill an inch of air above the part

Try:

Clearance 1" absolute

Retract .1" incremental

Top of Stock 0" incremental

Depth -.125" incremental

Tip comp on

Make sure to backplot it to make sure you are clearing your part and make sure the points selected are at the correct depths at the top of the holes.