Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fall_Guy, formerly Mayday

mayday

I have decided to change my name here to somthing more fitting after some recent events here at our shop. so if your wondering why I will give you some example's

If the parts wrong? who's to blame_ the programmer

a tool breaks? who's to blame_ the programmer

someone' sick, who's to blame_ the programmer

a lightbulb burns out, who's to blame_ the programmer

lightning strike powers out, who's to blame_ the programmer

get my drift?

Hi mayday er fallguy,

Just remember that the ones doing the b1tch1n about everything that is wrong are generally the ones who could do something about it and don't.

Another way to look at it; They usually only talk about the ones who are doing anything while they're standing around doing NOTHING !

Hold your head high and never cave to that crap.

Thanks for the vote fo confidence guys.

some days it really sucks. bosses will go out and ask the operators ( whats taking so long) there reply? program was all messed up. I hear this thru the grapevine. so i say ok dip sh^!ts and I download the program from the machine and do a filecompare. they change some feeds and speeds and maybe add a depth cut to some facing. BIG DEAL

thats what operators are for i tell em. guess what if I can make a perfect program every time I dont need you guys anymore! that shuts em up for a while

Well fallguy I got to do it all myself from adding the coolant to the machine to order my own tools. I also have to run, opertate, program, and etc................................................................................................................................................................................. ........to make the parts. Me and the other guy are the only ones that know how long it take to get the work done yet we dont make our own schudles so it they tell a customer it will be done in three days we are the bads guys if it doesn't get done. And they make us call the customer to tell it is late. I fell you brother I really do.

Then I have to ask myself where the hell all this grey hair came from.Well it it were an easy job everyone would do it look at it that way.

Crazy Millman and they wonder if I really am that is the fun part.

All right time to vent.... We got a guy been here 18 years as machinist, 14 as a cnc machinist. He gives ME an ncr today for cutting a keyway .001" oversize because it was a mastercam program and "All I'm supposed to do is push the button". The friggin program had cutter comp in it. That's my fault how? Is today stupid day for people in the midwest or what? If you here some screaming in the morning Mayday, it might be because the wind is blowing north.

Greg

It has taken me a while to learn that a good programmer posesses the experience of A machinist, the inginuity of an engineer, the patience of a saint and the shrewdness (sp?) and instinct for self preservation of the slickest politician.

CAM teh scroll right / scroll left WTF ???

[ 08-07-2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]

quote:

If the parts wrong? who's to blame_ the programmer

a tool breaks? who's to blame_ the programmer

someone' sick, who's to blame_ the programmer

a lightbulb burns out, who's to blame_ the programmer

lightning strike powers out, who's to blame_ the programmer

get my drift?

Maybe you should've called yourself_ the programmer. biggrin.gif

Hey Millman^crazy, you're getting a little "crazy" with the ".....", aren't you? You're messing up my screen. rolleyes.gif

Thad

[ 08-07-2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

Hey buddy, I was just messing with you. Usually when I see the screen wide like that, someone has posted a picture or some code or something. I was just a little let down to see your dots. redface.gif

I'm off until Tuesday now so this one's on me. cheers.gifsmile.gif

Thad

Today I gave a guy a lathe program that I was using a vpgr style insert to pick out in a groove.

The back-side clearance on the tool came very close to rubbing,(.016 away)but did not show any crash on my screen in backplot.

I printed out (to scale 1:1) the tool that I was using,and told him to make sure the tool he used matched it exactly.(relieve it on the sander if he had to).

Obviously he didn't listen,because 1/2 way thru the moves,he calls me over and says "This is not gonna work,it is going to crash'!

I say wheres the pc. of paper with the tool printed on it?

His reply is: "I don't care about that,it aint gonna work"!

I bring him into my office,and run the tool in backplot to show him that he is "home free" if he just listens and matches the back side of the holder to the pc. on the paper.

He says to me,"That cartoon on your computer screen don't mean nothing to the real world" (as he is pointing out to the shop)

At this point I was loosing patience especially after he gives me the "I don't wanna get hurt" routine! Oh what from a little tool rub!

I told him to just relieve the G@d damn tool and run the program.

He finally listened and it worked just as I assured him!

See what I am up against? cheers.gif

Thad I am as about as lose as they come buddy if I took 1% of the sh?t i got in life seriuos I would really need that straight jacket they keep trying to put on me.

Little trick when the white truck shows up to take you away if you run verrrrrry fast and they cant catch you. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

So this something for you all to think on.

http://www.crazythoughts.com/

This is all stuff the sane people talk about, and you think I am crazy.

Crazy Millman

Sorry to hear about what your going through May er ah Fall_Guy. But please, change the nic bac to MAYDAY. I found it A wonderully appropraite nic for an advice forum.

Help forum please,

my tool path is !@#4!, up. MCam is ^&*($^*, post is all screwy, help help rush job, rush job, sinking fast. MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY............

see?

good luck

-Keith