Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

GROUPS and Chains...

Niezingerly

Howdy all.

I am in search of a way to use "GROUPS" (see picture #1) to aid in selecting chained geometry.

I do differing variations of the same thing, day in and day out, month after month, and I am always looking for ways to "automate" things in my programming...It gets VERY boring and very tedious otherwise...(it pays the bills)

Anyhow, I am currently using GROUPS, where I have saved surface or solid geometry into a group, and then I use an external keystroke recorder to execute a set of keystrokes, and I can make Mastercam select geometry "semi"-automatically...

But, so far, I am unable to get chained geometry to be selectable by GROUPS...

Does anyone know how I could first:

Define a chain in a GROUP, with correct chaining "direction" and the correct "side" defined...

and then...

Also be able to select that GROUP from within the operation...

I have proven that, for example, in a Surface Finish Contour operation, I can go to select Drive Geometry, and then I can click the "ALL" button (see pic #2) and there at the top is the "GROUP MANAGER".

I can enter that GROUP MANAGER, and then select the group I want, and that geometry is selected...

But, when I attempt to select Containment Geometry, there is no way I can access the GROUP MANAGER...

Yes, it seems like alot of work, when I could just pick geometry "normally" but, I am not normal...

And, in the past years I have made 100's if not 1000's of the same thing, with just slight variations, and I have realized over time that I am constantly doing the same things, over and over, and if I could eliminate even a few mouse clicks on each job, that alone would be satisfaction enough...

Anyhow, thanks...

post-14786-0-08389400-1346889852_thumb.png

post-14786-0-24707000-1346890361_thumb.png