Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Program Number

A generic Fanus 3x mill. I have the same results if using MPFAN post.

Under properties file tool settings I put a 4 digit number like 2211 It shows as 2211

and it will stay ther when I exit the window. However the tool path line in the tools

section shows the nown name that I gave the program then says Program # 0. (It should say 2211)

In the post *progno$ posts O0000

I havn't been able to find *progno$ gets its information.

Rex

You MUST set that field before you start programming any paths.

If you need to add a program number after you've started, select ALL paths right click in the Ops manager edit selected operation >> Change Program #

Works like a champ. Thanks. I never knew that you needed to give the program a number first.

Thanks again

Rex

No problem, glad to help,

But yeah it's something that doesn't migrate to existing paths, so if you start there you're good, if not the renumber works.

:cheers:

• 10 years later...

I have the same question

My post is for a FANUC 21i-TB ( ROMI E280 - 2006 ), I found the parameter "progno_0", that is mean to force the post to output the program number always equal to 0

If I set the program number operation by operation, manually, it works, but I want MasterCAM to set the numbers automatically like the "append values", option avaible in Configurations->Toolpath Manager.

I changed the value for no$ (and other values on other archives related to the post ) but it just makes the post stop working

Sorry for my bad english

Have a good day

prognumber0.png

Edited by GrooveMaster