Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

engraving on mazak 730 with mazatrol matrix

Bronson Jasso

If you have macro capablity you can add serial number or any variable engraving to the mazak. Take a look at this article about setting up serial # engraving using macro variables and pre-defined sub programs for each number.

http://www.cncci.com/resources/tips/serial%20macro.htm

There is also a article on that site about setting for letters as well.

One more thing, the mazak can also scale and rotate the text if you have those options.

that is a great macro. we have the ability to do so, and we do often. the problem is that the 18 #'s that will change are not in numerical order. i might have to do some more investigation on how to do this. i can have the operators insert the # in each variable #(#900-#918). the problem is i will need to rely on someone to enter the correct # in each variable. i need to be able to do this with no operator input.(dont look good) we may need to vibropeen offline at a later operation.

thanks for the help

Where are these variable coming from, and how many digits are they? The Matrix control has regular Fanuc compatible macros and variables, so just about anything is possible.

The macro in that link will do what you need, but you'll need to get creative in it's application.

the date xx/xx/xx, the job # xxxxx-xx(totally random) part number ##### (this one will be easey) will change. some i can controll with a counter, but they will need to change the date at midnight and change for each job #.

i am going to get them to dot peen the parts. (that machine has true logic for this stuff)

thanks for the help